Broken Shift Lever

Shiny Mike

Scud, it seems all I do is thank you. It looks like a pretty straight forward job.  Now I gotta find/get the spring!

They're cheap. The usual suspects have em.. Buy two. If you have a spare, you'll never need it. That's been my method, and so far.. it's worked.  :)

I had a spare spring, but it was at home, not on the bike. I am certain that if I was carrying the spring under the seat that the one in the transmission would not have broken. There's clearly a causal relationship between parts under the seat and non-failure of related items.

I had a spare spring, but it was at home, not on the bike. I am certain that if I was carrying the spring under the seat that the one in the transmission would not have broken. There's clearly a causal relationship between parts under the seat and non-failure of related items.

Oh, for-goodness-golly, let's not start this whole relay thing up again . . . :whistle:

I carry relays - haven't needed 'em.

I carry a tire puncture repair kit and inflator - haven't needed 'em.

I carry some cash - haven't needed it (till recent camping trip when I donated it to the family for a trip to the camp store).

I carry a spare plug and cap - haven't needed 'em.

I failed to put a spare spring in my under-seat repair kit after doing the pre-emptive replacement recently - and I needed it.

See?  CAUSAL relationship established.  :grin:

• Haha 1

I have two of them coming from Harpers. I hope to have them by the weekend.I was told when I  bought the bike I would have to be able to use my tool box! Scud sent me a link.Any other input on this job?

I carry relays - haven't needed 'em.

I carry a tire puncture repair kit and inflator - haven't needed 'em.

I carry some cash - haven't needed it (till recent camping trip when I donated it to the family for a trip to the camp store).

I carry a spare plug and cap - haven't needed 'em.

I failed to put a spare spring in my under-seat repair kit after doing the pre-emptive replacement recently - and I needed it.

See?  CAUSAL relationship established.  :grin:

relay- needed it

tire repair kit- needed it

cash- always need it

plug (but not cap)- not needed for repair but for troubleshooting

had the spring replaced when the tranny was apart.