Headlamp Reflector Burnt

LeMaynes

I want to upgrate the light bulb but my mirror is burt. It's amazing how a small blemish in the headlamp refector can totally ruin the headlight emitted. Anything that negatively impacts rider confidence and safety needs to be fixed.

This might have been discussed here before but help me shead some light on the issue.

20170612_005048.jpg

20170612_005114.jpg

" . . .  shed some light . . ."

Heh . . . ;)

The early steel bucket Bosch was prone to spitting off the integrated reflector that sits in front of the bulb. Is that what is in there scraping around against the reflector?

The easiest areas to tear into on a naked with just a small screw driver. I would rather provide detail photos than pontificate the issue, so we will see what I can offer tomorrow.

Nothing is inside that could be scraping. Can it be rechromed?

Label reads BOSCH 0303850103.

The light it shines is very colorful. Upon inspection it looks like that is coming from the bulb glass.

A new bulb is in order but even with it the redish part of the beam is coming from the blemish of the reflector.

20170614_000556.jpg

Is that rust?

Headlights aren't chrome.

They aren't a high wear part so they should be available used.

It is not rust. But if there was something rattling around in there, that is where it would leave its mark.

Sure is hard to take pictures of this darn thing. You can see from the back of the reflector that it is painted with a red oxide primer before the mirror coating. The location of the blemish inside transposes between the yellow sticker and the outer edge.

Anyone got a pic of the "integrated reflector" I seem to be missing. I have scoured the web, workshop manuel and parts catalog to no vail.

Maybe its just time to splurge on a trucklite or one from JWS.

Fix a necessity as is? or might as well upgrade to something super badass.

20170614_225608.jpg

It is made as part of the headlamp assembly. This one fell off inside my original Bosch during the warranty period:

gallery_328_223_881994.jpeg

YES. I can see where those feet would attach. I guess there is no harm in running without it. As long as it not still in there rattling around like it did.

Any ideas on how to touch up or refinish the reflector?

Doesn't  someone make "chrome" colored paint (maybe Rustoleum's metallic series or VHT)?

Yes, but I would only touch up the affected area and not try to spray the whole thing.

• Like 1

There's a cheap Chinese version of the V11 headlight on Ebay for about £28, but it doesn't seem to have a pilot bulb. Search 'V11 headlight'.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

What is the purpose of the pilot bulb? Mine is burnt out. Never new it was there until I opened the headlight.

Here is another pic showing how bad that blemish affects the beam.

20170612_005157-1.jpg