Need new levers

footgoose

A 'no speed' drop left me with a broken rear brake pedal last weekend (and a squished Ti can :vomit: ). The lever is a cheap casting, or as Docc explained ... "delicate" :blush: , so I don't want another one of those.  I've been looking and found this

300105061a.jpg

http://www.mgcycle.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=50&products_id=4388

The silver one is out of stock but I kinda like the black. There is no black matching for the shifter. Not a big deal, I can paint/powder it. I do not want the extended versions. I like stock positions. Does anyone have another option in mind? Harpers has one but not as nice as this one (at least I think).

Part 2 of this question is for the brake and clutch hand levers. My bar brake lever was only slightly bent but if it had snapped, my day would have been very different. I was reminded of my nephew having a crash on his VFR and spending the rest of the trip with vice grips as a clutch lever.

Now that my new RAM clutch is installed and ever so light, I'm thinking about those short and sweet racy levers. I'll carry my stock ones with me for insurance. I think several members have them and wonder what I should look for. thanks

That's a beautiful looking foot brake lever! Much more liking to the delightful (if fragile) design of the originals. :thumbsup:

Does it maintain all of the original dimensions?

• Like 1

The Harpers foot levers are good quality, though a bit bulky. I powder-coated a pair flat black and I think they look much better than the bare casting. 

For hand levers, I'm quite fond of the Pazzo shorty levers. I have them on the Scura (single-plate clutch) and the LeMans (normal, dual-plate clutch). They have very fine adjustments for position and have a good feel.

You could add one of these folding tips to that or a stock pedal to make it harder to break if there's a next time.

http://www.guzzitech.com/store/product/gt-eccentric-folding-toe-peg/

GT-FTPeg.jpg

$63.85US for the pair, shipped. I'm in. Gonna mount these and see how they do.

You could add one of these folding tips to that or a stock pedal to make it harder to break if there's a next time.

http://www.guzzitech.com/store/product/gt-eccentric-folding-toe-peg/

$63.85US for the pair, shipped. I'm in. Gonna mount these and see how they do.

You do have to do a little work to the levers to fit them.

OH! How do you mean, "work?"

I have to alter my existing levers?

I don;t see this disclaimer on the GuzziTech page . . .

[i emailed GuzziTech about modifications. That would be a dealKiller for me. "docc is a purist" . . . :huh: ]

There is a cone shaped projection on the levers that the rubber slides over. That has to be cut off and a hole drilled to bolt the new piece on. And countersink for the bolt head if you care about that.

Your deal is now killed.

There is a cone shaped projection on the levers that the rubber slides over. That has to be cut off and a hole drilled to bolt the new piece on. And countersink for the bolt head if you care about that.

Your deal is now killed.

Yeah . . . durn. Seemed like such a good idea.  GuzziTech will either catch it and cancel the order or I'll have some toe-benders for someone. :glare:

Did I miss the fitting requirement on their product page?

The Harpers foot levers are good quality, though a bit bulky. I powder-coated a pair flat black and I think they look much better than the bare casting. 

For hand levers, I'm quite fond of the Pazzo shorty levers. I have them on the Scura (single-plate clutch) and the LeMans (normal, dual-plate clutch). They have very fine adjustments for position and have a good feel.

those look nice. I can't work out "folding" option on them. what is that? the shorties are the way to go

and... Pazzo does not list the V11... ?

Edited by footgoose