If you couldn't have a spine frame, what Guzzi would you pick?

Motojezek

Thanks Milar,

I appreciate the explination about the last of the pushrod V engines. And the 'two step 8v' power delivery.

Lets not jump to declaring a winner so fast; my vote goes to the Griso 8v. Milar makes a good description in that it is a 'power cruiser', but that doesn't mean it can't be alot of fun through the corners.

Better riders than me will have their opinions but I'm still enjoying learning how to make my V11 & Griso go smoother & faster through the corners.

• Like 1

So, for one thing, it sounds like the answer to the original post "What (newer) Guzzi would follow the V11?" has been nominated: 1200 SPORT!

And the 4v/ cylinder was never imported to the US in a 1200 Sport?

("There are 2 1200 motors.  One with 2 valves per cylinder and one with 4 valves per cylinder.")

("There was an 8V 1200 Sport.  But it was never imported.")

Wait... the op was What newer Guzzi if you couldn't have a V11? This is a fantasy! I took this in the vein of Swooshdave's "V11 rivals". As great a bike the Sport 12 may be, it doesn't fit me. It's visual appeal is not my style. It's been said that a true love connection is a convergence of timing and chemistry. I don't see the passion or purpose in it's design. Others see it, I get that. There are plenty of great bikes that I will never own, for the same reasons.

So in this fantasy, the V11 (my first Guzzi love) does not exist, and I must pick another, Griso bellissimo, soddisfazione!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

WELL...I'm back into the Guzzi fold again, not a spine frame, though. Ended up with a really clean '14 Griso. It's fairly amazing the difference between a '95 Sport 1100 and this thing.

• Like 1

WELL...I'm back into the Guzzi fold again, not a spine frame, though. Ended up with a really clean '14 Griso. It's fairly amazing the difference between a '95 Sport 1100 and this thing.

I love the Griso!  I think it is a vastly underrated machine.  Do need to ride one though ;)