If you couldn't have a spine frame, what Guzzi would you pick?

Motojezek

Yep, second vote for a black and white 1200 sport ( 2 valver )

I really wanted one of these when they came out but couldn't afford ( justify ) it at the time.

They were over $20K here in Oz.

Anyways a little later after my neck op and funds not being used for house reno's became available !

I stumbled across the mighty V11 Sport and thought they might be an alternative.

Not long after I found a green V11 Sport and checked her out!

All I can say is Thank God I waited and found the greenie.

I was gone the moment I hit the starter and she exploded into life.

Bought her on the spot and have never looked back.

Not ridden a newer Guzzi but I believe/ hear they just aren't as VISCERAL as our V11 and I couldn't  put up with anything any more sanitized.

But yeah if I had to, after that maybe a Griso?

Cheers Guzzler.   

• Like 1

B&W Sport for me too but I'd always worry when the dash would poop out and leave me stranded..

this one f/s near me,

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/mcy/d/moto-guzzi-1200-sport/6294352560.html

hoping to find a V11 Nero Corsa someday instead. or possibly this, XB9SX I miss my Uly more than my Lemans.

xb9sx-M.jpg

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/mcy/d/buell-xb9sx-2009/6272830913.html

I'm probably overthinking this, but the only way I can fathom "can't have a spine frame" is if they never existed. That said, I probably would have never been bitten by the Gootsie bug. I would have a BMW R1200s for sure. I might get one anyway, if a rare one ever gets near me. There would no doubt, be cat fights in the garage.

113119@bmw-r1200-s.jpg

I might be able to contribute here as I've owned several of the bikes mentioned:  I currently own a (black) 1200 Sport and a Scura.  Previously I owned an 8 Valve Griso and a Breva 11.  They all do have separate personalities.

The 2 closest are the Scura and Griso 8V.  I had both in the garage at the same time.  Sold the Griso and kept the Scura.  But you might feel differently.  Both are bad boys.  The Scura the badder of the two.  The last of the red hot Guzzi's.

The Breva and Sport 1200 are based on the same platform, but aren't very similar.  The Breva is soft and comfy.  I called it my "cruiser."  The Sport is much more athletic and much faster.  It feels as fast as the 8V Griso but has a broad torque curve w'o the 2 step 8V power band.  I'm not sure why Guzzi built the 8V motor with it's problems.

In a nutshell:

Scura: the sportiest and baddest of the bunch.  Great for weekends and twisty roads.  Charisma in spades.

Griso 8V; a larger, refined Scura.  Ok to tour on.  But it's a power cruiser at heart.  Closest in feel to a V11.

Breva 11: One of the best touring bikes I've owned.  Did a Saddlesore 1000 on mine and it barely broke a sweat.  But a Scura/Griso leaves it dead when the road starts to curve.

Sport 1200: The handling and power of a Griso/Scura with the touring ability of a Breva/Norge.  IMHO the cream of the Carcs.

I hope that helps.

Mike

• Like 3

I have an 8v griso and a T3 cafe racer, to complement the v11. In fact the V11 is the newest addition to the stable.

If there wasn't such poxy photo size limit, i'd put up some pics

I'd at least look at a new Thruxton. Fortunately, I don't have to.  :grin:

That said, I could live with the AeroLario. When push comes to shove, it generally gets the nod for everyday riding.

When I get old.. :oldgit: the Monza is waiting. Light, agile.