Hopes for EICMA 2017/ Guzzi's 100th . . .

docc

Sign me up for one in that color combo Docc!!

Right? While I find the show bike exhilarating, in a carnival sort of way, I probably couldn't live with it twenty years.

Greenie-guys oughtta dig it, though. :whistle:

I dig the throwback coloring - just like I dig the red, white, and blue Africa Twin.

My concern with any ADV bike is that I know I will try to jump logs and climb rocky single track. I want the big wheels.

But this would seem to be a perfect all-road machine and probably suitable for mild technical terrain. A long tour with some 4WD road exploration... I could get down with that. Maybe put a winch on the front...

• Like 1

Somewhere there’s a pic of a previous Guzzi model in that color scheme. Might be over on Wild Guzzi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somewhere there’s a pic of a previous Guzzi model in that color scheme. Might be over on Wild Guzzi.

maxresdefault.jpg

No, the show bike.

Post #85 in this Wild Guzzi conversation.  http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=93144.60

Maybe somebody can copy the picture. The showbike paint is a pretty faithful reproduction of that one.

Shame most later Guzzi engines seem tilted back in the frame, tilted foward engines always look better, compare a Triumph T150 with a T160. I suppose it is to do with getting the shaft drive to have a reasonably stright run to make life easier for the universal joints. Later bikes have deeper sumps needing the motor to be mounted higher so making things worse.

No doubt some clever designer can sort that, even if it just visual by redesigning the heads and valve covers like the later BMW twins to give the illusion of a more aggresive looking engine.

Apparently, the latest V7 tilts the engine more "level."

Wittner is quoted (Moto Guzzi Big Twins, Greg Field) as saying this was applied to the V11, and one of the primary reasons the 6speeder was introduced. His purpose was to "align the polar moments of inertia" [of the driveline and lean axis] to enhance handling characteristics.

This video says "2017", but the cut-away Ducati engine is clearly visible at 10:54. And with the emphasis on the models ("hostesses"), this year's *curvaceous* Guzzi model is revealed at 2:53 (still no Guzzi, though!) . . .

[i'm going to forgive the somewhat annoying, unimaginative music loop. Just this once :whistle: )