Meet the new inmate

swooshdave

There was a lovely V11 Sport at the local Ducati dealer. While I wasn't going to get it, although I was lusting after the exhaust, a nice gentleman picked it up and posted on one of the Guzzi Facebook Groups.

We talked him into joining here (buellwinkle) even though the registration process can be challenging. He's been asking me questions everyday (which I don't mind, paying it forward for all the questions I've asked here). I had the dad off to spend with my dad while he's visiting so we decided to stop and see buellwinkle.

Since you know I don't mind taking a picture or two I thought I would share some with you.

41029083024_a2d4093ee9_h.jpg

39939471960_e1ff0ed8f8_h.jpg

Of course I took a picture of the relays because I knew docc would ask. The grey relays are Bosch.

39939472970_9cc388e8ef_h.jpg

41705986232_1d84d4c797_h.jpg

My dad is in the grey and buellwinkle in the green.

27877599968_3ff6c98dc4_h.jpg

It's missing the steering dampener. Which might not be a big deal. Otherwise it's very clean and looks well loved. buellwinkle is absolutely smitten with it. Welcome to the asylum!

• Like 2

Hey - that looks like a great condition Sport. Congrats to new owner. Shindy makes a decent replacement steering damper.

My dampener is turned all the way off. How crucial are they?

There are those riding without them to no disastrous effects. When my Bitubo started leaking, I took mine off for a while, but didn't like the feel, especially in slow speed maneuvering. I replaced it with the Shindy (pronounced SHIN-juh) and like it well enough. I, too, keep it all the way backed off as too much damping contributes to the annoying high speed weave common to the early RedFrame sports.

And nice black Sport, there, buellwinkle! :thumbsup:

• Like 1