I wish we could have an "About myself" in our forum profile; so when can quickly understand "who's that guy/gal"...

p6x

I am a newcomer to the Moto Guzzi V11 Le Mans chapter. And remember, Le Mans is pronounced with a silent "s"... (wink). It is just like Paris.

I don't know if I belong yet, because I do not own a Guzzi, and even worse, I do not own a motorbike at all. I am hoping to change that quickly, but at the moment, I can only talk about my past, but not here.

That's not what this is about.

When we post, the reader has generally very little idea about who's the OP, if excepted his location in the world. It is always nice to know about the people you exchange with. Of course, if we are frequent posters, we eventually come to remember the "sobriquets".

This is why I would suggest to implement a "about me" in our profiles. In this way, we could get a quick idea of "who's that guy/lady anyways?" with a click on the name tag, you get the background story.

I found the thread "presentation" in the forum, and started to read it backwards. I think it would really be neat to have a "Who I am" part of the profile.

The geographical situation is a big help though. I have been on both sides of the pond, and I have lived in Houston since 2008. The rider's profile is very different.

Notre Dame de Paris la nuit

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Welcome, p6x! We will be very happy to talk you into a Moto Guzzi V11! :mg:

Pretty sure you can set up your "About Me" tab by editing your profile. Take a look at my profile and you'll see the "About Me" tab between the "Activity" tab and "Albums."

• Like 1

So, click on your user name at the top right -> under "Settings", select "Account Settings" -> at the right under "Other Settings", select "Edit Profile" -> the "About Me" is at the bottom under "Profile Fields."

Not to sidetrack Kane's question of you @p6x . . .

I just clicked on about thirty profiles (besides mine) and found two (2) "About Me" fields. One was only a single image. So, the current V11LeMans.com format does support this if anyone is willing to populate it with your content of choice.

Find it here:

-> Click on your user name at the top right

-> In the drop down menu under "Settings", select "Account Settings"

-> At the right under "Other Settings", select "Edit Profile"

-> The "About Me" is at the bottom under "Profile Fields"

• Like 1

You should have an area "I hang around aircraft", "I play a....", " I work on....." and fill in the blanks. It seems as though there are a lot of members hanging around airstrips , garages , machine shops and amplifiers .

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

I just noticed that the “About Me” tab does not display in my profile on my mobile device, only when I am viewing the profile on my Mac. 

I was still able to follow the editing sequence on my mobile device to access and edit the About Me fields.