MPH Cycles Handlebar risers

mjdoliveira

Just installed a set of MPH Cycles handlebar risers on my 2000 V11 Sport. Although I liked the position of the original clip-ons I was having too many wrist problems as a result of spending a fair amount of time in stop and start traffic, and because for some reason the height and angle of the bars did not work well with my left wrist joint (or vice versa).

I chickened out and had the guys at Moto Guzzi Classics install it (since it required replacing the brake and clutch lines and I am one of those few MG riders that is a mechanical moron). By all accounts it was a royal pain in the butt to do.

Results are unbelievable. My riding position is forward enough that there is no problem riding at 90 mph with no fairing. The bars are wider so hauling the bike over is a lot easier, and with standard mirrors I can now see what is behind me instead of a great picture of my elbows.

Beautifully made units, by the way.

Seriously though, glad to hear they have worked out well for you :thumbsup: I think this is the first installation of the MPH risers we've heard about.

Please post some photos from several angles if you get the chance, as the photos on the MPH website aren't quite clear enough IMHO.

Thanks!

al

the only even slightly difficult part of installing my risers set is the replacement of the clutch hose. Its an awkward job, same as with the stock hose. Its due to the location of the slave cylinder Once past that its cake.

And ANY riser/bar system that does not require longer hoses simply AINT RISING anything, just moving it around. So we include a hydraulic line set. I can install it in less than 2 hours . So can you. Instructions a re included. As is a money back offer. No one has taken me up on it yet.

Mike Haven

Hey Al buy a set and take all the damn pictures you want!  Then post them everywhere so any clown can rip you off. maybe include a  CAD program and blueprints?

MIKE HAVEN

Are you serious Mike? :huh: That comment seems a bit rude and obtuse at the least <_>

Do you really think or suggest that I'm interested in some nefarious scheme to make off with your design?? :rolleyes:

If you really are serious though, you have probably just managed to alienate a significant portion of your customer base on this Forum. Good job :wacko: I know I'm a bit put off, and that takes a lot. You have a way with an economy of words it seems :thumbsup:

You know, I've personally recommended your dealership, MPH Cycles, several times in regard to ordering parts, etc... among a very small "elite" group of dealers worldwide.

Apologies, but I'm not so certain I should anymore with this attitude. This is not the first time you've been a bit short and rude with me, the first being on Wildguzzi last year when you told me I was "full of shit" regarding my troublesome idling, and some thoughts/suggestions I presented. At the time I just blew it off, but sheesh.

I don't usually get wound up about such things as this, as anyone here can testify, but honestly....

Sorry to have asked for some "real world" photos so others can decide what solutions might work out well for them :huh2: I don't see that request as unreasonable, after all, any number of other manufacturers have no issues with not just providing photos, but actually conspicuously post them.... as they know prospective customers care what the product looks like close-up.

I really don't think they're too concerned about rip-offs, because as you well know, it takes more than a photo to produce a working copy.

Plus I was just having at a little fun with that "no photos" smilie I've been dying to use :rolleyes:

Anyway, good luck with your risers Mike, but with this attitude, you won't be seeing a sale coming from my way any time soon.

...if you were just kidding around, apologies in advance... I guess I just took it wrong, and if so I'll edit/delete this reply post-haste and publically make amends.

Otherwise, I can't understand why a dealer/businessperson would go out of his way to be so rude to a potential customer asking a reasonable question :huh2: I really can't.

Am I misreading this, or over-reacting?? ...anybody? Maybe I'm just having a "sensitive" day?? :(

Goodness :unsure:

al

Stay cool brothers B)

Todd is maybe a little paranoid, but I am sure many would support his fears based on experience. And yah Al, you are probably over reacting, but it is good you brought it up so Todd can clarify his position.

Typed words can be as hard as rocks.

Typed words can be as hard as rocks.

....indeed, you are absolutely correct, as I often have pointed out that "email can be very misleading" as it is hard to emote at times exactly what one means..... even with the requisite smiles included <_>

But, yes, I hope I am mis-reading Mike's (oddly using Todd's account) response though. I'd hate to think my conclusion above was spot-on.

Anyway, I guess we'll see :huh2: .... and if I am off-base, I'll retract my comments.

al

P.S.

I still say.. :lol:

:nopic:

But Al, if I go in the mph site , I see very detailed pictures of the risers. So Mike if you are afraid someone copies them, your pictures make it easy. I won't copy them, I never copy things if they exist. I more have the problem that what I want never exists, then I make it myself. But these are clever risers, there should be a market, especialy in the usa what seems more a touring market to me.

But Al, if I go in the mph site , I see very detailed pictures of the risers.

Awesome, perhaps they've updated them since my last visit :thumbsup:

And if so, it makes Mike's response even more quizzical ... I'm at a loss :huh2:

(* EDIT: The MPH Website does now have excellent photos of the parts closeup. I won't link to the image here as Mike seems sensitive about them, so feel free to go take a look at the site yourself :D But I have to wonder why didn't he just suggest looking there for the current photos, instead of being at best so cynical? I can only assume he was put off by my comment that the photos on the MPH website not being "clear enough" :huh2: )

Anyway, I'm glad to hear the risers worked out well for the original poster in this thread, and I'm sure other potential customers would benefit from further long-term reviews, feedback, etc.

I'm still, and I'm sure others are as well, interested to see more photos of what they look like installed on a customer's bike though... :pic: I don't see how that request is unreasonable.

Cheers :sun:

al

Al , the pics on MPH's site have been there for sometime now . That's why I also wondered why you needed  better pics :blink:

Ahh, well I hadn't checked into the website for quite some time, but upon visiting it tonight, it currenly looks about the same as I had seen some time back. And maybe this was the source of Mike's frustration... assuming I hadn't. I have no idea :huh2: IMHO though, it still doesn't warrant the tone of his reply. After all, he seemed to have gone out of his way to make this jab. But maybe that's just me :huh2:

Many months back, when the risers were first announced, I had asked for some better photos of the risers installed, but never received any others than those currently on the website. I didn't "fault" MPH for not providing more photos, but then again, it didn't engender my coughing up $400 without the dealer offering the additional info I was asking for. Again, maybe that's just me, but... to each their own.

However, what I was really looking for was some good clear photos of the units installed, from various angles. The photos on the MPH website offer quite good closeups of the units themselves, but the "cockpit view" and side-view photos provided weren't quite clear enough for me. They didn't show cable routing, how the risers ended up "sitting" in reference to other cockpit parts, fairing etc. Hence my request in this thread for more photos, and my comments about the MPH Cycle site being not "clear enough". After all, $400 isn't chump-change, and I'm pretty picky on the aesthetics as well as functionality, so I just wanted a bit more info back then, and assumed some other potential customers might be as well now.

So, since this was the first we had heard of any customer reporting having installed these risers, and we've had many many readers(including myself at times) shopping around for risers... I thought it would be perfectly reasonable to ask for the owner to post some photos of his installation.... in a comical way no-less :rolleyes:

After all, he seemed quite happy with them, so I thought he's be happy to share(and he still may, I have no idea). I'm sure others would be very interested in as much info as possible before comitting their money.

Anyway, I was just trying to help. And I think I've explained myself. Before this gets too tiring(too late :rolleyes: ), I'll just let it go now.

If I've over-reacted, and Mike replies telling me that I just read too much into his picking at me...

Hey Al buy a set and take all the damn pictures you want! Then post them everywhere so any clown can rip you off. maybe include a CAD program and blueprints?

MIKE HAVEN

... I'll be happy to eat crow.

Otherwise, if he doesn't... keeping on the point, and in the context of a dealer and his communication with a potential customer(which is the only reason I'm wound up about this), he's potentially lost at least that one customer. And that's a shame.

Or maybe I'm just being too sensitive. Time will tell.

But life's too short, and I don't need the aggravation. I'm too nice a guy :)

To the relief of many I'm sure, I'm done :blink:

Again, glad to hear the risers worked out well for the owner of this thread. The parts look top notch. I'm sure others would love to hear additional long-term feedback, etc over time as you live with them :thumbsup:

From this point on, hopefully the topic will stray back to this owner's experience with his new MPH Cycles Riser Kit :thumbsup:

Cheers :sun:

al