MPH Cycles Handlebar risers

mjdoliveira

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...86&hl=bar+riser

These risers have been discussed before, and again, the response was very positive.

Al, I took a little umbrage myself at your response to what seemed a glowing endorsement to start the thread. If it was a joke, I toook it the wrong way,too.

I don't think any personal insult was intended in Mike's reply.

BTW, his computer is down, he was using mine temporarily and I'm

auto-logged on. Sorry for any confusion.

Not planning a retirement villa in the south of France based on bar riser sales,either.

I've only known Mike for 35+ years now, for anyone who's never met him, here's a news flash-- He can be a real a**hole at times. I've learned not to let it bother me.

As a result of his "gruff" nature, he probably won't die Bill Gates-rich.

I think he's pretty comfortable with that.

We fix stuff and solve problems.

Feelings and emotions are not our forte.

Guys, I've reread the thread a few times and don't really get how Al's posts could have ignited the aggravation. At this point why don't we get back to basics. All of us are interested in the things we each do to the bikes and what's available from suppliers.

Guys,  I've reread the thread a few times and don't really get how Al's posts could have ignited the aggravation. At this point why don't we get back to basics. All of us are interested in the things we each do to the bikes and what's available from suppliers.

Agreed :mg:

OK ...fair enough Todd :thumbsup: Good luck with the risers, and the shop.

I meant no offense by asking for photos.

Cheers :sun:

al

Guest JohnInNH

Well... Since we got 10" of effen snow here today I figured I'd check in here and dream about riding. :xmas:

Checked out the MPH risers and FINALLY got around to ordering a set. MPH had called me a few months ago when they were first ready, but I was in middle of winter blues.

I was all set to take the bike for a spin 2 days ago as the roads were dry and it was a heat wave of 40 degs. (F) But now that's a distant memory.

What I like about the MPH risers is that you have the use of the stock bar so your nice bar end weights you paid big $ for will fit with no problems.

I should be on the road in 3 weeks or less. Waaaa Whooooo :bike:

My step son is getting is motorcycle license and getting a bike I should be clocking more miles this year as I want to show him my favorite roads.

Excellent John! I'm sure everyone will be really excited to hear how well they work for you, and how they look installed :thumbsup:

So that makes TWO folks we know of on the forum with these risers... reported in less than a day apart. Cool B)

I think that if we were having a "race" to see which risers were most popular, this ties the MPH risers with the Two Brothers solution :D Maybe your purchase and subsequent review will give just the needed energy to push them into the lead ^_^

al

Guys,  I've reread the thread a few times and don't really get how Al's posts could have ignited the aggravation. At this point why don't we get back to basics. All of us are interested in the things we each do to the bikes and what's available from suppliers.

Agreed :mg:

OK ...fair enough Todd :thumbsup: Good luck with the risers, and the shop.

I meant no offense by asking for photos.

Cheers :sun:

al

Al, you don't have anything to apologize for. There's nothing wrong with asking for pics and opinions of a product you're interested in. Especially from a fellow consumer.

From my side of the monitor, the MPH response was ludicrous.

NEWS FLASH: Pics posted on a website is free advertising!

Wow! I never realized that my post would "inspire" such a response.

First off, my apologies to Mike Haven at MPH. My discription of the process as a pain in the butt to do was coming from a person with little mechanical inclination. The kit comes with clear instructions.

I'll post pictures some time this weekend unless someone at MPH prefers that I do not.

Guest WildJackal

I too was disappointed with the pictures on the MPH site. Admittedly they are sufficient to copy the design if you were so inclined.

I would like to see some closeup views (front and back) of the mounted risers on a naked bike (without the clutter of a fairing). The side views on the MPH site don't do the risers justice.

"First off, my apologies to Mike Haven at MPH. My discription of the process as a pain in the butt to do was coming from a person with little mechanical inclination. The kit comes with clear instructions.

I'll post pictures some time this weekend unless someone at MPH prefers that I do not."

No apology is wanted or called for. Josh at MG Classics is just a big mutton-fisted lummox.

(Wow, that should get somebody else riled up)..

Take all the pictures you like and post them, please. If the pics come out well, we'd like to use them on our website,with your permission.

The CAD drawings and blueprints stay locked in the safe, though.

Come near the safe, we'll release the watchdog.

Smile everybody, motorcycles are supposed to be fun, remember?