Agostini Helmet

Guest pasturej

Guest pasturej

My current AGV helmet is a bit battered after a recent low speed crash with a lorry on my Triumph. Looking at the :helmet: smilie reminded me of a beautiful red/white/green/gold Arai (I think) Agostini replica helmet that I saw at a bikeshop a few years ago. Does anyone have any idea if either AGV or Arai still produce them? An internet search didn't yield any stockists. Alternatively, are helmet spray painters a realistic alternative without spending a lot of money?

Thanks

Jonathan

Arai doesn't produce them anymore... Too bad. They only did a one year production span. They also had a Barry Sheene, a Phil Read replica and a few others.

Good luck finding one, but I don't give you mch chance...

Here is Reinhard Steininger with Arai Ago Helmet.

bst02.jpg

Guest pasturej

Thanks Antonio. It literally looked like the smilie in my post above with a gold band around the bottom.

Jonathan

I havn't checked recently but a couple of years ago both Arai and AGV did agositni helments. Arai's is called the Agostini and AGV's was called the Aniversary or classic obiously they didn't have the naming rights. Have you tried the relevant web sites?

Here is Reinhard Steininger with Arai Ago Helmet.

bst02.jpg

Two V11s together like that must sound pretty good.

As a matter of interest, does the balance pipe on the headers make any difference to the sound coming out the other end (compared to 02 without it)?

Take this!

You are giving it to me? Thanks very much!

You welcome, being a Guzzista is a brotherhood!!!

and you can have this –

19.jpg

enjoy it

Arai doesn't produce them anymore... Too bad. They only did a one year production span.

Really? I didn't know that.

I just assumed Ago was such a God-like idol in Italy that the Ago replica would be a standard item in the AGV catalogue.

That sucks as I had entertained thoughts of having one some day. Gotta stick to Italian brands. Speaking of which, I surely hope nobody is trying to run British or French tires on their Guzzis. That's just not done. Only Pirelli's will do :grin: