Another year, another chance to fire up the Large Hadron Collider.

What happens when two protons going in opposite directions at 99.999999999999999999999999999999% the speed of light collide?

The end of the world? :o

Is it time to move to a safer planet?

As opposed to this same one over? I vote 'another', thankyouverymuch.

Should we have a poll?

No, that would be absurd. We can't wait the same year over, unless of course the Large Hadron Collider messed up the time space continuum in just the right way.

In that case this thread might not make sense.

If this thread does not make sense, could that be evidence that they were successful with the collider and created a black hole or other quirky thang?

Just in case, I wish you all a happy new year, again.

, I wish you all a happy new year, again.

That year went quickly. The LHC must have worked! Next time they fire it up, the Laws of Physics might drag Guzzi into the 21st Century. ! What would we do? Flying atoms could result in two extra cylinders and twice the horsepower or something equally horrendous.

Luddites Unite...

...by means of the Luddite Head Collider

Heads_Joined_In_Business.jpg

BTW

I may have spotted what went wrong with the boffins' LHC last year. Does it not seem somehow wrong and a bit worrying that all the big tube things, in the pic a few posts previous, are held together by gaffa tape wrapped round them?

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's time to consider the wobbliness of things.

I reckon there's too much of it about the place.

Same goes for sag. We could all be better off without it.

That's not a firm conclusion.

Just crossed the international date line while steaming towards Atsugi, Japan. We skipped Wednesday altogether and gained another hour again last night. Now what time is it?

Just crossed the international date line while steaming towards Atsugi, Japan. We skipped Wednesday altogether and gained another hour again last night. Now what time is it?

[/quot

0430 newfoundland gain what ya like spend what you will! Knowing where yer at is invaluable still.

• 2 months later...