footpeg re-lo kit

Guest Steve in VA

...but I've never seen a close-up photo(any photo for that matter, AFAIK) of them installed.

al

Yes Al, it moves the right side out :o If anything it makes it feel better for everybody thats got one :blink: I must have a :pic: before I can fork over $15 :nerd: & this comes from you ( a guy who spent $ 1200 on his heads, with dual plugs that even Mike Rich told you not to do :huh2: ) BTW hows that working out ? :doh: And now , I have to ask myself - self what phuck'n difference could it possibly make to Al which position his pegs are in ? Al , you dont ride the thing anyway :lol:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, I'll counterpoint. I did have them on my bike for awhile, but I took them off. They do lower the pegs and move them back a smidge, but not enough to warrant the longer throw to the brake and shift levers (foot size 43 European, 9.5-10US) which just felt weird and unsafe. Also, the distance is just not enough to make that much difference for my comfort. Still, I'm glad I tried them- it's worth $15 as an experiment, or you can go to the hardware store and buy the bolts for about $2.

J

Guest Jeff Kelland

I don't notice the differance in the more outward position of the right peg. On my bike the porkchops are silver so being scratched is not an issue. I didn't like how far away the controls were at first either, I just got used to it. As an old school road racer, I tend not to use the rear brake so it's not an issue for me. As for the shifter, well I guess I do feel I should make up a lever I can use without moving my foot (9.5US) but I'm not racing and it works ok for me. Depending on how I sit, my knees can hit the rear of the fairing now which is the opposite of what I expected. This kit is a compromise, that said however, the differance in legroom is worth the trade off for me. The kit came with little plastic plugs to fill the holes left in the raised rectangles where the pegs used to mount, I figured they would never stay in. 7000 miles later they are still there!

...but I've never seen a close-up photo(any photo for that matter, AFAIK) of them installed.

al

Yes Al, it moves the right side out :o If anything it makes it feel better for everybody thats got one :blink: I must have a :pic: before I can fork over $15 :nerd: & this comes from you ( a guy who spent $ 1200 on his heads, with dual plugs that even Mike Rich told you not to do :huh2: ) BTW hows that working out ? :doh: And now , I have to ask myself - self what phuck'n difference could it possibly make to Al which position his pegs are in ? Al , you dont ride the thing anyway :lol:

Heh, it's funny how often, when I ask for photos or more clarification on a product, it is assumed it is because I am considering buying them :rolleyes: A reasonable assumption true, but....

....when in fact, I am just trying to get more info out of general interest ^_^

$15 is indeed not a big deal, but you'd be surprised(or maybe you wuldn't :rolleyes: ) at the number of "just $15" gizmos lying around my garage for various projects that I've picked up just to check out. So, no, I don't want to just buy a set to "see" :D

I'd still love to see a photo of them installed though, for everyone's benefit.

al

P.S.

The dual-plugged heads are working fine, and the porting worked fantastically. I think I'll really appreciate the porting once the new cam is in.

As reported in the "dual plug" thread, I can't tell any real benefit with the dual-plugging beyond perhaps less detonation than stock when under hard acceleration. If I had higher-compression pistons, the benefit might be more pronounced though :huh2: However, Mike's new pistons supposedly work to reduce that via their design, so when I get those, the dual-plugging probably still will be superfluous to some degree. The domed FBF high-comp pistons might benefit from dual-plugging more though, although that's just speculation on my part.

I'm sure the modificatoin will increase efficiency over time though, especially with the ignition advance backed off now. But I was never "sold" these with any expectation of real performance gains.... while at the same time Mike Rich didn't tell me not to do the mod.... just that the gains on a mostly stock street bike might be minimal.

However, since I already had the heads off and in his shop all the way across the nation in NJ having the heads ported, it only cost ~$300 to have the dual-plugs added at the time, so I just thought "why not" :huh2:

So, in the end... would I recommend doing it? It's hard to say. I think it's "nifty" and is certainly a "good thing" in regards to improving the burn in our off-center hemi spark, but the total conversion is a bit pricey, but on the other hand not ridiculous if one is already having the heads ported:

~ $300 head work

~ $250 new OEM dual-output coils(plugs right into harness, no modification)

------------

~ $550

- optional ECU ignition remap ~$400

P.P.S

My 2003 tank is at the painters this week :bier: They've also got the bike's tail to match the paint.

. . . I think it's "nifty" and is certainly a "good thing" in regards to improving the burn in our off-center hemi spark, . . .

HEY! Who you callin' off center?? :mg:

Sorry for not getting a pic up this weekend... no digital camera.

Yes the right peg is now 1/2 inch farther out. I don't notice at all except that I have to move my foot in a bit more to brake. I like it, keeps my toes away from the lever when I'm moving around on the bike.

I see the new placement of the controls as being like having a new bike, once your feet know where to go it all becomes natural again.

Tough getting the bolts at the hardware shop unless they carry metric flathead stainless. Also tough making/finding the spacer/bush that your brake lever will now pivot on.

Still working on pic... should have more luck on a week night.

cheers,

Ryan

Thanks for the excellent photos!

Now, I may actually HAVE to check into these now that I've seen them in action :P

al

P.S.

And major KUDOS to Evoluzione to using Paypal as a payment method directly from their webpage. That makes it much easier than dragging out my CC from the wallet, retyping shipping info, etc :bier:

Guest northend

Hey Friz!!!

I like the idea of the Buell "S" pegs. Do you remember what year and were they for the S1, S2, or the S3??

Did you buy the brackets also??

Could you possibly get a picture of them on your dads bike???

Can you tell i'm a little excited over this idea :lol:

Thanks...........Jeff H.

holy crap!  these pics are big!!!

I've used Photoimpression ( arcsoft ) to downsize the photos. I hope noboby minds but they're sure easier to browse. Thanks again for posting them you-bad-moto-gewtser-you! :thumbsup:

Thanks Docc! Much better now.

I had a couple people email and ask how close the heels are to the exhaust. The boots in the pics are just sitting on the pegs for spacial relation. They do not have feet in them and are not in the riding position. When riding the toes point down more and there is quite a lot of clearance from the exhaust.

cheers,

Rj