footpeg re-lo kit

Guest Steve in VA

Guest Steve in VA

Has anyone any experience w/ the foot peg relocator kit from Evoluzione Cyclesports?

It looks too simple & cheap to be true.

Any other re-lo suggestions?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought Ken's kit & it worked for me, but I wear a size 13 shoe. Some of the ballerina boyz didn't care for it. Hey it cost $ 15 how ya gonna go wrong with that price? :huh2:

Ian used the Centauro Pegs & brake & shifter set up , big $ & the Centauro brake pedal is on terminal back order, however Mike at MPH had 3 billet brake pedals made up & may still have one.

Do a search here and you'll find Ian's write up on this.

I USE THE KIT ON MY SCURA , WITH LITTLE MODS I HAVE MADE IT WORK. MY DAD HAS A LEMANS WE USED THE PEGS OFF OF BUEL S MODEL THEY ARE AN INCH LOWER JUST HAVE TO DRILL OUT THE PINS HOPE THIS HELPS D.FRIZ

The Evoluzionne kit is bolt on. It takes about a half hour to install. I'm 6'2 and needed a bit more room for my legs - presto! Much more comfy on the long rides. The foot controls end up slightly farther away (also works for me) but you get used to them fast, and I don't hit the controls by accident anymore. If you have little feet it may be a reach for the controls but for $15 give it a shot. At worst if you don't like it put the pegs back where they were.

Ryan

I'll see if I can borrow a digital camera tonight. The kit moves the footrests so that on one side it is located right where the rear brake lever pivots, and uses the frame bolt hole in the same location on the other side.

The only thing that I didn't like is a small bit of the porkchop paint came off with the peg when I removed it. Haven't looked for touch up paint yet.

Ryan

Probably the best $15 accessory that I have ever purchased. I'm 5'11" and needed a little more leg room.The entire job took about 30 minutes and gave me that little extra that avoids leg cramps.

At my age that's important.

I have a set installed and like them. It took a few rides to get used to them, but they're the best $15 I spent on the bike (well, gas is better). I'd take a digital photo, but the bike is still up at my old house in Maine. Next weekend it comes to Brooklyn.

I tried to adjust the shifter peg closer, but was only rewarded with clunkier, imprecise shifting, as others have noticed. I recommend you leave your shifter peg adjusted as is.

Guest Jeff Kelland

I have this kit on my 02 lemans as well. I never got around to modifying the levers and I'm so used to it I probably never will. I find it far more comfortable than the stock location.

What do it do ?????? :rasta: How do 2 bolts lower thy pegs?

....see 7 posts up :P

The kit moves the footrests so that on one side it is located right where the rear brake lever pivots, and uses the frame bolt hole in the same location on the other side.

So, the caveat is that either you'll have some scratched/knicked up "rectangles" on the pork-chops where the pegs used to be mounted, or you perhaps have some billet rectangles made to cover these locations(what I'd do).

Here's a question though, if the right peg is moved to the brake lever pivot, obviously this moves the right peg out by a good 1/2 inch or more. Do you notice/feel this much?

al

I got a set up on order. whew wee! $15.95 for a couple of bolts. I couldn't resist! :doh: I'll shoot some pictures of the set up before and after. I just hope its not :cheese: lookin'