Alert! Speed Bleeders

twhitaker

I went to change the bleeders on my '02 LeMans this morning. Lo and behold, the SB6100 bleeder did not fit. This is the one they recommended. It looks more like it is an M8 thread. I'll e-mail Speed Bleeders and find out what I can do as far as exchanging them.

It was the front brake. I'm sure the rear is the same. Haven't gotten to the clutch yet. I could tell the clutch bleeder is bigger than the brake bleeder so I'm kind of confident the SB1010S will work. Wanna go first? :whistle:

I had red that topic , ordered, been waiting,,,mail said already shipped out.

It is too late.

I am not sure but I think 8125 is correct for front.

because V11s calipers are same as DUCATI MONSTER`s brembo cast.

I will sell 6100s to BMW riders.

I hope 1010s for clutch could fit.

After I wrote last night I went out to the bike to recalibrate the eyeball. Had all 3 size bleeders. With a bit of tenacity I could almost reach the bleeder. I held each one next to the existing clutch bleeder. Repeatedly, the fitting would get almost close to the part I was comparing when it would fall out of my hands. Makes a nice ring when it hits the crossover. :(

I could determine it's definitely not an M6. The M8 looks like it may be too small. The M10 looks like it may be the right size. There is only a millimeter or so of the thread shank exposed so it's hard to tell. When I change out I'll be sure to have one of each size. I do not expect to be able to do it for several weeks anyway. :luigi:

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone installed the JB1010S(M10x1.0 1.23mm) to make sure the length and thread pitch is correct?

This is the size they sent for the clutch slave, and as confirmed by Todd above, M10 is the correct diameter. I am just curious if the length/depth is correct, along with 1.0 thread pitch before I pull mine.

Also, have we confirmed that the SB8125L is also correct for the rear caliper?

Once we have this last little bit confirmed, I can return my mis-sized parts, and get SB to send the correct ones.

al

I have not heard from SB since I e-mailed them on the 29th. Still waiting for them to advise me about the exchange. I have one SB and two stock bleeders in the brakes. I don't see how the rear bleeder could not be the same as the front. :huh2:

I think I'll wait until I replace the rear tire to address the clutch bleeder. It is about due for some new tread. I got almost 12,000 miles on a Michelin Macadam. :thumbsup:

BTW, I don't think the rear brake caliper uses the same SB1010S fitting as the front brakes.

I was holding up the M10 fitting they sent to the stock fitting on the rear brake caliper, and it seems to match in size visually.

Anyone know for sure the size of the bleeder in the rear caliper before I yank it, and/or order another one from Speed Bleeder.

al