Power Commander or Chip?

Guest Apexlocator

Guest Apexlocator

When I have the slip-ons installed do I need to modify the airbox and get a new chip or power commander? I have the '03 LeMans.

There is no "chip" for the Marelli 15M ECU. You either have to remap the ECU or utilize something like a PCIII, or at the other extreme replace the ECU with something like Cliff's "MyECU".....

But, while a new fuel map would be optimal after any intake or exhaust change, if you are only changing the exhaust cans, a remap isn't really required. If you were changing several items such as intake, exhaust, and crossover, there would be more of a requirement for the adjusment.

al

Guest John T

Come on Antonio, please enlighten us with your vast knowledge.

The first poster asked a question and Al answered it with a real (and correct) response.

Better than the answer you gave. :blink::huh2:

Guest John T

A wise man once told me: "If you argue with a moron, you have two morons arguing"

I'm done with this thread.

:D I will say something. I do say something. I am still saying something. I shall say something:

With slip-ons only you'll be fine. I rode with Mistrals only and there was no need for chip-adjustment. I now have the PC installed because I have Mistral slip-ons/x-over and K&N pods. Seat of the pants: much improved power deliverance.

A wise man once told me: "If you argue with a moron, you have two morons arguing"

I'm done with this thread.

Why do I feel like I am injured.

I don’t think I ever have injured somebody? Did I?

I do not know you, why are you saying this thinks??? What’s the message behind your words?

With slip-ons only you'll be fine. I rode with Mistrals only and there was no need for chip-adjustment. I now have the PC installed because I have Mistral slip-ons/x-over and K&N pods. Seat of the pants: much improved power deliverance.

Amo amas amat

Can you rate the improvement incrementaly?

What difference with just the Mistrals?

How much more different with the rest?

I got a reply from a supplier today saying that (with the CRISIS and all) they think there may not be any more Titanium kits made by Guzzi. I was advised to go for Mistrals (Lamaroni?) instead and advised they give 'more power' anyway.

:huh::huh2:

:D I will say something. I do say something. I am still saying something. I shall say something:

I now have the PC installed. Seat of the pants: much improved power deliverance.

he could help you make a decision

? fried rice or chips ?

usually has me stumped

so I'm waiting for Jaap on this one. I know I can trust him

(and he was even able to improve the power delivery of the seat of his pants).

Hi

I rode my friends 18000mile scura the other day,it has carbon oval mistrals but no other mods it was great,very responsive and no hiccups at all and the sound is awesome and ive managed to persuade him to buy the factory titanium system so i can have the mistrals ,what a great friend.Once the titanium kit arrives i shall fit it for him and test ride it and see if the pinking is gone.The pinking is less than on my bike which has standard silencers.I shall report if the ecu in the kit makes any difference.

Regards Martenni

Tenni165 :notworthy::thing:

...buy the factory titanium system....Once the titanium kit arrives...

Where are you: where are you going to get this from?

I look forward to the direct comparison.

Amo amas amat

Can you rate the improvement incrementaly?

What difference with just the Mistrals?

How much more different with the rest?

I got a reply from a supplier today saying that (with the CRISIS and all) they think there may not be any more Titanium kits made by Guzzi. I was advised to go for Mistrals (Lamaroni?) instead and advised they give 'more power' anyway.

:huh:  :huh2:

I currently have Mistrals on my 2001 V11 with no other performance mods and it feels like the midrange power may have dropped a little bit, but top end may have improved. The biggest difference is the sound, which is great, but I'm thinking of getting a PCIII to get that mid range back. I would guess it's running just a bit lean around 4K rpm. This is where the often noted dip in the power curve occurs, but I didn't notice it at all until I put on the Mistrals. I also never hit the rev limiter before the Mistrals. I guess I'm spending more time in the higher RPMs either because I'm avoiding that power dip or because it just sounds so damn good.