Brembo brake pads

docc

Having worn my original rotors with some aggressive front pads, I went back to using Brembo pads exclusively. Last time I went looking for front replacements all I found is the "sintered" pads with the red backing. I just rode them for the first time and they do brake well, but are scoring my rotors and sound awful just rolling the bike.

I had cleaned and serviced all the pistons and bled the system, so unlikely it is a sticking piston. The scoring is also present on all four rotor faces.

Are OEM style Brembo front pads (for the two pin calipers) still available?

I only use organic on my old cast iron rotors and and I'm sensitive to what I use on my stainless steel rotor bikes.

I thought I just put on a pair of EBC sinterred organics or a light sinter, but I can't verify that with an old package;everything I've got on hand is Brembo Best Originals sinterred organics? idk

You might be onto something with a supply issue developing, I just ran all the Brembo pad part #'s I have in my spares stash through both MG Cycle & Brembo's site,none of them showed up, wtf!

I've got spares with that Brembo # 107670810 that match the info Speedfrog dug up above.

If they're in stock some place,might be wise to pick em up.

• Like 1

These Brembo "sinter" pads (red backing) are what is available from MG Cycle for the front. The rear I got from them recently is "carbon ceramic" (blue backing) that I have run before.

Hey Docc, All of the ones I've got are dark blue, I'm sure they're on the gentle side, but they don't show up on the usual sites,so I can't verify exactly what they are.

I'll take a look at what they say about that part # on the OPP site.

57 minutes ago, 80CX100 said:

Hey Docc, All of the ones I've got are dark blue, I'm sure they're on the gentle side, but they don't show up on the usual sites,so I can't verify exactly what they are.

I'll take a look at what they say about that part # on the OPP site.

Thanks! Here is the detail from my OPP invoice:

Brembo OE Brake Pad Set, Ferit I-D 450FF Pad Kit for 20.6800.xx / 20.9230.xx Caliper, Shape M - 107670810

[edit]: our early 2-pin calipers (didn't the V11 change to single pin calipers later?) look like these P4 34/30 20.6800:

th?id=OIP.WePm07WMFRLx1wafjSdGkgHaEK%26p

[Yet, I can't tell the difference from this 20.9230:

brembo-20923010-p4-30-34-gold-series-fro

I don't know about the later bikes;but my 2003 Lemans,possibly my 2007 Griso?, & the black calipers on my 2008 CalVin all look like a match with that photo. fwiw

• Thanks 1

I don't know where I got the idea that the front calipers changed to a single pin during the V11 series. A 2003 LeMans is definitely a "later" V11.

[edit]: Every image of a V11 I can find, through the 2004 Corsas and the 2004 Scura R, have the same 2-pin front calipers.

5 minutes ago, docc said:

I don't know where I got the idea that the front calipers changed to a single pin during the V11 series. A 2003 LeMans is definitely a "later" V11.

There's so many variations of front ends,Ohlins etc possibly some of them did change up.

• Like 1