air filters

mikev

14 minutes ago, mikev said:

these were pointed out to me by andrew @mgcycle as replacement intake sleeve which is in stock

https://www.mgcycle.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=42

I checked my records and those are the actual ones I got (Part Number: 01114390).

Cheaper now than they were last year . . . .

• 5 months later...

My winter project is hopefully to complete a reinstall of the airbox on my V11.  Having some trouble finding parts that go from throttle body to air box, specifically #19 in attached image.  #4 are still for sale on mgcycle.

Anyone have a source for decent used parts possibly?

If not I may have to "modify" whats there somehow to make a tight connection to the airbox.

Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 2.08.00 PM.png

On 12/1/2023 at 9:44 AM, mikev said:

My winter project is hopefully to complete a reinstall of the airbox on my V11.  Having some trouble finding parts that go from throttle body to air box, specifically #19 in attached image.  #4 are still for sale on mgcycle.

Anyone have a source for decent used parts possibly?

If not I may have to "modify" whats there somehow to make a tight connection to the airbox.

Item 19 is important. The shape improves airflow into the throttle body. It's called "velocity stack", "bellmouth", or "trumpet", and you should try hard to get the right parts. 

Have you checked to see if they are wedged into whatever gravel strainer pod filters you had before?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MartyNZ said:

Have you checked to see if they are wedged into whatever gravel strainer pod filters you had before?

This is what I have on it currently.  Looks like one piece vs 2 in diagram.  Also, airbox end doesn't flair out to seal against the box, so I think its not correct.

IMG_7218.jpg

Does it look like it has been cut/chopped/modified in any way? If not I'd think it's probably the original part.

I can't remember exactly how they seal to the box. Usually it's some sort of lipped flange but if push comes to shove you could simply install the box and then seal around them with silastic. Not ideal but a zillion times better than pods.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, pete roper said:

Does it look like it has been cut/chopped/modified in any way? If not I'd think it's probably the original part.

I can't remember exactly how they seal to the box. Usually it's some sort of lipped flange but if push comes to shove you could simply install the box and then seal around them with silastic. Not ideal but a zillion times better than pods.

Yea they just have a full circle grommet style seal on the airbox Pete and the trumpet inserts from the airbox and connects to the T/B. The rubber seals are still available I think but the trumpets are hard to find, new anyway.

Phil 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mikev said:

doesn't look modified unless they did a really neat job of it

No it's modified. Had the bell cut off it to fit the pod filter at some point.

https://www.officine08.com/p69547_intake-joint-moto-guzzi-1100-sport-i-e-air-filter.html

Airbox seal

https://www.stein-dinse.com/en/moto-guzzi-rubber-air-filter-short-1100-sport-i-e-corsa/item-1-1127372.html

Phil

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Here's a tip, anything made of rubber buy as spares when you can and treat them with preservative and a clip lock bag and store them away out of the light. Rubber parts are a PITA to replicate or find an alternative to. I have my stash.

Phil 

• Like 1