Almost decent

Art

Getting ready for round 2 with Guzzidiag. Everything connected as it should, and I got good data for 15 minutes while waiting for the the bike to warm up.

First question. Why can't the TPS voltage be used to set the TPS under the same test conditions?

Then

Following instructions to obtain CO never got me to the screen with - CO+ with an actual CO reading.

I was prompted to start the bike while it was running, and to hit the kill switch when it was not running. I Un-powered everything and started over, a couple times.

Somewhere through it all a number of -107 showed up. I used to enjoy doing this stuff, but would now gladly trade it all for a pair of Webers.

What is the relation between CO and fuel mixture? Lower numbers = leaner? Any graphs / maps in existence that show whats going on?

Has anyone compared CO with O2 Lambda? I do still have a wideband oxygen sensor with meter I used back in my smarter days.

My bike is running a little rich at idle, which I'm OK with. Most factory setting problems are due to being set too lean. What will change by raising the CO?

I'm sure this is all old info for you guys, but my search results are always listed with the new first.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Art said:

Has anyone compared CO with O2 Lambda? I do still have a wideband oxygen sensor with meter I used back in my smarter days.

At one time my Sport was on an Exhaust Gas Analyzer and the target air-fuel ration was correct when the CO Trim was set to zero.

Remember that every time the V11 is started, regardless of temperatures,  the ECU runs a rich map for a set number of revolutions. I forget the exact number, but over 4,000.

The CO Fuel Trim only is active below 3,000 rpm and has its greatest effect at idle and very low throttle openings.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the info.

Just need to set the TPS , sync the TBs and I'll be running decent.

THEN I'll take my time and figure out how the mapping works. How to remap your bike for CARC, Breva 750, V7 Classic, California 1100 is full of good info, but leaves me with many more questions.

So low CO is lean and higher is richer. My bike is idling rich when warm at -100 CO. I'm guessing someone has re mapped it.

Like you say Docc, all this only applies to under 3000 rpm. That's an easy problem to fix, and yet I'm happy with how the bike runs. I could swear the front wheel left the ground yesterday going into second.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Art said:

Thanks for the info.

Just need to set the TPS , sync the TBs and I'll be running decent.

THEN I'll take my time and figure out how the mapping works. How to remap your bike for CARC, Breva 750, V7 Classic, California 1100 is full of good info, but leaves me with many more questions.

So low CO is lean and higher is richer. My bike is idling rich when warm at -100 CO. I'm guessing someone has re mapped it.

Like you say Docc, all this only applies to under 3000 rpm. That's an easy problem to fix, and yet I'm happy with how the bike runs. I could swear the front wheel left the ground yesterday going into second.

Are you actually measuring CO? Or are you reading the CO Trim value in the ECU? The ECU doesn't measure CO. It has a CO Trim value that adds more or less fuel to parts of the map depending on the value of the CO Trim. What you are saying, -100, sounds like your CO Trim is set to -100. That should mean less fuel is added in the parts of the map that the CO Trim affects. That would mean it is leaner than normal in those parts of the map. It could be what the motor wants, for example if you have individual filters instead of the stock airbox the fuel requirements of the motor would be different than normal, typically less air going in and less fuel being required.