What could be the approximate cost of doing a CARC Swing arm maintenance on a Stelvio 1200 NTX 2013?

p6x

I am trying to get some ball park amounts as it is very unlikely I would be able to do it myself. I asked MPH but did not get any feed-back yet. They may be busy relocating to Tomball from Park Ten.

If I understood well, the tapered bearings were not systematically greased when installed. There are some exceptions. However, I suppose that if you take the Swing Arm apart, it is probably best to replace the bearings anyway.

Do we have a part number for TIMKEN replacement?

10 minutes ago, p6x said:

I am trying to get some ball park amounts as it is very unlikely I would be able to do it myself. I asked MPH but did not get any feed-back yet. They may be busy relocating to Tomball from Park Ten.

If I understood well, the tapered bearings were not systematically greased when installed. There are some exceptions. However, I suppose that if you take the Swing Arm apart, it is probably best to replace the bearings anyway.

Do we have a part number for TIMKEN replacement?

Box it up and ship it to Pete Roper.

Phil 

About two and a half hours to strip and inspect. Make it three and a half if the bearings need swapping out a setting the outer cones out of the frame is a bit of a frontbottom.

On the bearings? The bearings themselves are common as muck and cheap as chips. The problem is they have a strange sealing system around the edge of the inner race and I've not in seventeen years of looking been able to find an aftermarket replacement. If greased properly on assembly, ie packed absolutely full of high quality 'Waterproof' marine grade grease they will last a very long time, especially if they are re-packed every year or two. It's not something that will need to be done often but it does need doing.

At the same time the shock linkage bearings on both the wishbone and double conrod need the same treatment. If the bearings or pins are found to be history it's best to rebuild the wishbone but while they are available it is about the same cost to simply buy a new double conrod, (Grease it before installation.) than buying all the individual bearings, seals and pins required to rebuild the buggered one. If the wishbone bearings are rusty or seized check the web of the wishbone carefully for cracking as well.

Dont forget to add a coup"e of drops of Loctite 'Super Wick-in' to the threads of the pinion nut while the bevelbox is off.

• Like 4