SW-Motec cross reference

BrianG

I am looking to fit a SW-Motech tank bag to my 1998 MG Centauro but they do not list a mounting ring that fits. Apparently, the fuel filler ring is shared with the V11. I wonder whether anyone here has found a mounting ring that fit their V11?

5 hours ago, Cabernet said:

Hi Brian, I have been an SW Motech twice this year for my Honda. No issue with the products, but the delivery times to the UK? Not impressive to say the least.

SW-MOTEC was excellent in terms of speed of response, even if that response was disappointing. 

My V11 Le Mans had an SW-Motec Evo ring on it when I bought it. I can't measure anything, I'm afraid, or look for a number, as I've already passed it on to someone else.

I did have a look on the SW-Motec site the other day when I saw your first post the first time. I thought it was there that I had seen diagrammes of how the measure the rings, but it might have been Hepco-Becker. Anyway, you're looking for "universal ring", I think, and some way definition of the diameter and number of screw holes. :huh2:

On 10/11/2023 at 12:55 PM, BrianG said:

I am looking to fit a SW-Motech tank bag to my 1998 MG Centauro but they do not list a mounting ring that fits. Apparently, the fuel filler ring is shared with the V11. I wonder whether anyone here has found a mounting ring that fit their V11?

The V11 Sport also has the same fuel tank filler ring as Aprilias of the same vintage iirc...

13 minutes ago, Speedfrog said:

The V11 Sport also has the same fuel tank filler ring as Aprilias of the same vintage iirc...

It's the " vintage" thing that appears to be the problem. Do you know if the Tuono one would fit?

Cross references for V11 Sport fuel tank cap:

Aprilia '98-'03 RSV Mille 1000 & '02-'05 Tuono.

Givi Tanklock tank ring p/n:   BF02

SW-Motech Evo tank ring p/n:   TRT.00.640.17500/B

SW-Motech Pro tank ring p/n:   TRT.00.787.17500/B

SW-Motech Ion tank ring p/n:    TRT.00.475.17500/B

Check out this topic:  https://www.v11lemans.com/forums/topic/22036-anyone-successfully-use-one-of-those-quick-release-tank-bag-adapter-rings/

Edit: I removed the Triumph cross references for clarity and because, although the Triumph x-ref. is valid for the Givi Tanklock ring, it might not be for the sw-motech rings.

I also added the SWM Ion tank ring for those interested in the Ion line of tank bags.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 10/15/2023 at 6:41 PM, Speedfrog said:

Cross references for V11 Sport fuel tank cap:

Aprilia '98-'03 RSV 1000 & '02-'05 Tuono, also Triumph Speed Triple 1050, Tiger 1050, Sprint ST 1050

Givi Tanklock tank ring p/n:   BF02

SW-Motech Evo tank ring p/n:   TRT.00.640.17500/B

SW-Motech Pro tank ring p/n:   TRT.00.787.17500/B

Check this topic:  https://www.v11lemans.com/forums/topic/22036-anyone-successfully-use-one-of-those-quick-release-tank-bag-adapter-rings/

Perfect!  Thank you. 

This is exactly what I was looking for. 

I have found it available through a Canadian distributor and have ordered it through the local retailer.

I'll post pictures of the fitment.