Moto Guzzi 0106 6330 vs. Aprilia 85221R

Cold Desert Rat

The exterior dimensions are identical.

The bolt circle, body diameters and steps, bores, etc.

The Aprilia part only uses one port. One would need a banjo bolt with a bleeder on it. I find that acceptable :bier:

There are some other differences.

slavecylinder3.jpg

• Like 2

A company called Oberon makes a billet version, lifetime warranty, p/n CLU-2800

The smart guys on here will determine if the stock pushrod will work. I have to make a new one anyway, so it's irrelevant to me.

We knew somebody else had to use that cylinder :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey DOCC,

I like the Oberon. Lifetime warranty, super fancy seal design and many shiny colors. About $150USD

As I recall :oldgit:   AF1 wanted $25 for a new Aprilia cylinder but said it would take four months to get :o

I would be honored to have my contribution added to our august assembly. Truly, I am humbled :wub:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Cold Desert Rat said:

Hey DOCC,

I like the Oberon. Lifetime warranty, super fancy seal design and many shiny colors. About $150USD

As I recall :oldgit:   AF1 wanted $25 for a new Aprilia cylinder but said it would take four months to get :o

I would be honored to have my contribution added to our august assembly. Truly, I am humbled :wub:

Thats about 20% what the rest of the world want for them. I think AF1's pricing might be a little suspect.

Phil

• Like 1

I'm not a hydraulic engineer and don't want to be one.

So I ask hoping and expecting correction.

Regardless of possible range of motion of the slave cylinder, it's the volume displaced by the master cylinder that determines how far it moves.

In other words it can't move further than the master cylinder can push.

Do I have that right? thx

The volume of fluid "pushed" by the master cylinder has to go somewhere , so it goes into the slave cylinder . 

Leverage works in this system but it has nothing to do with the volume of fluid moved.

9 hours ago, gstallons said:

The volume of fluid "pushed" by the master cylinder has to go somewhere , so it goes into the slave cylinder . 

Leverage works in this system but it has nothing to do with the volume of fluid moved.

Not quite right. The ratio area of the master to the slave cylinder determines the force that can be applied (and the lever ratio as well but we'll leave that) and the "travel" of the master and therefore the volume of fluid displaced determines the travel of the slave.

Phil

• Like 1

10cc of fluid leaving the master cylinder will be 10cc of fluid added to the volume of the slave cylinder.  

Now as far as the leverage portion goes it depends upon the size of the slave cylinder vis-a-vis master cylinder bores. The hydraulic jack proves this point.