Flat Track Adventure Bike

I just read that AFT will run a TT race with Adventure bikes. I wonder if they'll mimic the bagger races that Moto America is running?

It also looks like the TT class might evolve into the old "Super Bikers" (Street Tracker) thing they did on ABC Wide World of Sports 40 years ago.

Loading…

www.americanflattrack.com

Building on the series' history of hybrid courses, including past events like the DAYTONA TT and Atlanta Super TT, the Spirit of Sturgis TT is set to offer an unmatched racing experience. The unique setting of racing through the heart of the world-renowned Rally promises to deliver a memorable event for both participants and spectators.

For the first time, Progressive AFT’s Mission SuperTwins and Parts Unlimited Singles presented by KICKER classes will navigate a challenging course through Sturgis’ bustling streets. The 0.5-mile circuit will include legendary Main Street and each race will start and finish at the iconic Harley-Davidson Rally Point.

In a significant expansion for Progressive AFT, the event will also feature the debut of the AFT AdventureTrackers class. This new category will introduce the latest production-based Adventure Bikes, providing the motorcycle industry with an opportunity to showcase the rapidly growing segment. The new class aligns with the City of Sturgis’ tradition of embracing the future of motorcycling and has sparked considerable interest among manufacturers, leading to rumors of high-profile entries for the event.

Full details of the AFT AdventureTrackers class will be announced in the near future as will additional information regarding viewing options for the first annual Spirit of Sturgis TT.

For more information on Progressive AFT visit https://www.americanflattrack.com.

7 minutes ago, LowRyter said:

This new category will introduce the latest production-based Adventure Bikes, providing the motorcycle industry with an opportunity to showcase the rapidly growing segment.

Rapidly growing segment?

The adventure bikes have topped the European market sales for decades now.... so much, they introduced a mid-tier to allow more persons to access them.

What I found interesting is that Ducati is now going to get into Motocross, so does Triumph; for Ducati, Paolo Ciabatti is moving from MotoGP to Motocross.

The USA is the ideal place for adventure bikes; even MV got his...

MV Orioli

I am wondering if Moto Guzzi should not resurrect another Quota project?

11 hours ago, p6x said:

I am wondering if Moto Guzzi should not resurrect another Quota project?

Moto Guzzi already has the V85TT in their current line up - owners satisfaction is running high and I understand it’s doing really well sales wise, so much so that they revamped the upcoming 2024 models - and with the V100 Stelvio coming up, that makes two ADV bikes from the Mandello Del Lario manufacturer. 

And under the Piaggio group, Aprilia has the Tuareg 660. . . I don’t think we’re gonna see a new Quota anytime soon. 

• Like 1