Stepping stone Moto Guzzi in the works? powered by an Aprila parallel twin....

p6x

1 hour ago, audiomick said:

The bike seems to be selling rather well, at least in Europe. :)

I have not seen one in the flesh here, but there aren't as many bikes at one place at a time as there are in Europe. Also, I need to factor the US is definitively very large. But when you ride towards a city in Europe, you are passed in continuation by motorbikes. I don't see that so much here, in Houston.

I am wondering if we can think of ourselves as true Moto Guzzi fans...:unsure:

Most of us live for their old glories; I find myself dying for more Moto Guzzi in my garage, but none of them modern! on my list is the slippery Quota, and I found out that I am seriously warming up to the California the EV 1100.

I don't understand why the V100 Mandello nor the V100 Stelvio leave me cold.

I wonder if it is not generation related? when I was younger, the vintage bikes did not really generate much interest. I was perusing all the new stuff catalogs.

Today it is exactly the opposite.

• Like 2

The Cali EV1100 looks great, rides OK, but for some of us, was hard to enjoy given the barn door windshield and intense buffeting that occurred. I know some folks love theirs however.  I sold mine after a couple of months...and I lusted after it for quite a while until i found the right specimen down in Corpus Christi.  It was mechanically perfect, very appealing visually, had the Hydro recall done (if I remember the terminology correctly), but I hated riding it on anything but slower FM roads and quite frankly, it wasn't that much fun to ride compared to the Norge and Scura and subsequently Griso.  I took the windshield off the Cali completely and rode it naked for the short time I had it, the stock one was that bad.  Some folks may have found better windshield solutions...I didn't invest any time in doing so.

The Quota I hope is a more comfortable ride...

Have you ridden a Centauro or Griso yet?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, p6x said:

I am wondering if we can think of ourselves as true Moto Guzzi fans...:unsure:

Most of us live for their old glories; I find myself dying for more Moto Guzzi in my garage, but none of them modern! on my list is the slippery Quota, and I found out that I am seriously warming up to the California the EV 1100.

I don't understand why the V100 Mandello nor the V100 Stelvio leave me cold.

I wonder if it is not generation related? when I was younger, the vintage bikes did not really generate much interest. I was perusing all the new stuff catalogs.

Today it is exactly the opposite.

This makes me ponder, not the "stepping stone"/entry level bike, but the "drop-back-and-punt" bike that I would value as mySport (eventually) becomes too unwieldy for my physical capabilities. Is this a valuable, yet overlooked, market that Piaggio  has not seen?

"Off our rockers,

Actin' crazy.

But with the right medication,

We won't be lazy.

Old Folks' Boogie

Down on the farm.

Wheelchairs

Are locked arm in arm."

Or is there another future in store for my square-fin that Piaggio wants nothing to do with . . .

Triking-1_1502040a.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=df

On 1/15/2024 at 2:24 PM, p6x said:

Piaggio has the means to do it, if they want to. But business is business.

I had a discussion with Iron Supply Powersports last week; the owner told me he attempted to get Aprilia however Piaggio told him he could only get Aprilia if he took Moto Guzzi too.

He told me he checked the sales data of Moto Guzzi in the USA, and declined Piaggio's offer.

Even among us, Guzzi enthusiasts, only Tomchri has a V100S; do you know of anybody else who has one?

Have another old biker friend, never had a Guzzi, but bought a v100S after had a ride on mine. He really love it. I think they sold 48 up here last year. That’s a lot here. But if 1 Guzzi, my Nero Corsa.  Doesn’t cost anything to test ride one if the look appeals.

Cheers Tom.

• Like 3