bar end weights

mikev

Does anyone have any recommendations on bar end weights for my 2000 v11?

I am sort of restoring it to original, and have completed getting the stock air box re-installed.  Sounds nicer.  Its cold here and roads are salty so haven't gotten a proper ride in yet. 

Now want to rid myself of the bar end mirrors.  Always bumping into the wood pile in garage.  Thinking of the "standard" mirrors on MG Cycle and need some bard end weights

Any recommendations appreciated.

22 hours ago, mikev said:

Does anyone have any recommendations on bar end weights for my 2000 v11?

I am sort of restoring it to original, and have completed getting the stock air box re-installed.  Sounds nicer.  Its cold here and roads are salty so haven't gotten a proper ride in yet. 

Now want to rid myself of the bar end mirrors.  Always bumping into the wood pile in garage.  Thinking of the "standard" mirrors on MG Cycle and need some bard end weights

Any recommendations appreciated.

Congratulation on re fitting the airbox, good move. The crem de la crem of mirrors are Rizomas from my experience and congrats again upon ridding yourself of the Mickey Mouse ear mirrors. Rizomas come in various styles but I run these. Bar end weights. Standard are best.

DSC01466.JPG

Phil  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, audiomick said:

Thanks for the picture of the Rizomas @Lucky Phil. I'm looking for some mirrors for the V35 Imola, and the ones in your photo might be an option now I've seen the photo. :)

You can buy Chinese "branded" Rizoma knock offs for about a 1/4 of the price from western re sellers and the quality "looks" fine but they suffer from things like the adjustment ball is so tight it's unusable which is a total PITA if you knock one out of adjustment. Tools required. I have them on the RE and must replace them.

DSC01444.JPG

@mikev My V35 Imola and my Breva both have the same thread on both mirrors. That is the critical point. Some manufactureres have right-hand thread on both sides, some have one right-hand and one left-hand. Screw your mirrors off and have a look, and measure the diameter. It is likely to be a fine pitch thread, I think. The mirrors on the Imola are that for certain. On the strength of what you find you should be able to tell if the mirrors from other models or suppliers will fit or not.

@Lucky Phil I'm a bit interested in this line of products. Stupidly expensive, but the mirrors are made of polished aluminium. No glass, so nothing to shatter. :huh2:

https://motogadget.com/collections/spiegel-englisch

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, mikev said:

the rizoma website doesnt list V11s - will mirrors for other guzzi models be compatible?

Just buy the style you want and the adaptors (see my image). Mirrors are pretty much universal. You might need the thread size which I believe is 10mm. Left hand thread one side and right the other. Pitch is 10X1.25.

IMG_3556.JPG

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, audiomick said:

@mikev My V35 Imola and my Breva both have the same thread on both mirrors. That is the critical point. Some manufactureres have right-hand thread on both sides, some have one right-hand and one left-hand. Screw your mirrors off and have a look, and measure the diameter. It is likely to be a fine pitch thread, I think. The mirrors on the Imola are that for certain. On the strength of what you find you should be able to tell if the mirrors from other models or suppliers will fit or not.

@Lucky Phil I'm a bit interested in this line of products. Stupidly expensive, but the mirrors are made of polished aluminium. No glass, so nothing to shatter. :huh2:

https://motogadget.com/collections/spiegel-englisch

I've seen those Mick but considering the cost my rationale is that the only time the reflector breaks is if you drop/crash the bike and if that happens hard enough to break the reflector then the whole mirror is generally junk anyway.

Phil 

• Like 1

Look at where the two bolts clamp the assembly to the bar and see if the clamp has been turned upside down with the mirror mount on the bottom...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

You can buy Chinese "branded" Rizoma knock offs for about a 1/4 of the price from western re sellers and the quality "looks" fine but they suffer from things like the adjustment ball is so tight it's unusable which is a total PITA if you knock one out of adjustment. Tools required. I have them on the RE and must replace them.

DSC01444.JPG

I've had the chinese Rizoma rip-offs on mine for a few years now!

Apart from the adjustability factor as Phil has mentioned they're ok and work for me.

I cant remember the price but it was significantly cheaper than the real deal.

Cheers 

• Thanks 1