2024 Cedar Vale, Kansas Rally - May 16-19, 2024

For those V11 or other Guzzi afficionados, you're probably already in the know, but for some new folks, Cedar Vale, Kansas rally scheduled at Hewins Park in May.

See you guys there!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• PJPR01 changed the title to 2024 Cedar Vale, Kansas Rally - May 16-19, 2024

I haven't been to Dusty's in a couple of years.  He wrote me this might be the last spring Guzzi Rally.   The old Guzzi guys aren't getting any younger.  Covid, WG, and social differences have had an impact too.   If you want to see some of the old crowd at one time, this could be it.  Not sure I'll have my Greenie out of the shop or even know my status up from down to be there.   Looks like Paul is all in. Leroy too.   

My last go around, we saw Elon's 60 satellites in the sky and thought the aliens were here.  Paul's bike was running hot.  Wes pulled the rear of his Cali  following my Duc at 100+ after returning from Marland mansion.   There's the OZ motorcycle museum, the Pioneer woman's ranch, Phillips museum and the Flowers of the Killer Moon.    The big deal, Dusty fries catfish on Sat night. 

• Like 2

Will be good to see you John…with bike or without!  All my bikes are running nicely these days!  I missed the Musk satellite show the last time…

Put out the speakers and let’s hear some of your favorite Dead tunes!!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

A few weeks to go until the Cedar Vale rally.  Will pick up a couple more stops on the Grand Tour of Texas along the way, possibly ride up with a friend from Terrell for the 2nd half of the trip.   

All Guzzi's or other brands welcome...welcome all.

• Like 3

I pencil this one too; also because I want to drop by Bartlesville OK, to visit REDA Pumps. https://www.slb.com/resource-library/article/2021/celebrating-90-years-since-the-creation-of-the-reda-pump-company-in-bartlesville-ok

In 2000, I was assigned to the Esso Chad project, where oil extraction had to rely on down hole pumps from REDA. I got to interact with personnel from Bartlesville, some of them young enough to maybe still be there.

Going quickly through their website, I can see the Electrical Submersible Pumps is no longer their core business, even if you can still find ESP products if you look: https://www.slb.com/products-and-services/innovating-in-oil-and-gas/completions/artificial-lift/electrical-submersible-pumps/agile-esp

If my Quota is ready, and if the planets align, I would be interested, camping excepted. There is a "Cedar Creek Lodge" in the vicinity.

30 minutes ago, LowRyter said:

Bartlesville is neat town.  Price Tower (Frnk Lloyd Wright) and Phillip's ranch come to mind.  

I am checking the Price Tower stay in availability as I type.

Bartlesville also has an amazing place to visit called Woolaroc...not to be missed, if you have never been there.  But give yourself at least 1/2 a day to go thru the museum...I don't think they'll let a motorcycle thru the animal safari side however...

There's a very modest hotel in Cedar Vale...much easier than riding over from Pawhuska or Bartlesville...but depends on your "luxury" requirements.  :)

19 hours ago, PJPR01 said:

but depends on your "luxury" requirements.

After my night at "El Cosmico" in Marfa in 2023, I am apparently ready for just about anything.... :sun:

Kidding aside, I also had a bed bugs experience in 2022 in a shabby motel around Coleman, where my neighbor had a fight with his fiancée in the middle of the night, threw her out of the bedroom, and she kept banging on his door for a long time after that....:D I learned a few explicit words which I had never heard before.

I think I am properly prepared to face the dreadful Cedar Vale lodge if it comes to that.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, p6x said:

After my night at "El Cosmico" in Marfa in 2023, I am apparently ready for just about anything.... :sun:

Kidding aside, I also had a bed bugs experience in 2022 in a shabby motel around Coleman, where my neighbor had a fight with his fiancée in the middle of the night, threw her out of the bedroom, and she kept banging on his door for a long time after that....:D I learned a few explicit words which I had never heard before.

I think I am properly prepared to face the "dreadful" Cedar Vale lodge if it comes to that.

FIFY

Details:

Rally fee $35, includes Saturday evening meal and camping.

A room at the lodge.....

100_0570.JPG

can be had with..errr....obtained via... Dave...620-249-9362...call/text work equally well. 

Bring something for the Saturday evening auction