Anyone with 1979 CBX 1000 experience here? I need some advice;

37 minutes ago, docc said:

At this point, I've spent as much on tires as I did to buy mySport new . . . :ph34r:

I did not factor in the flowing supplies. I just meant the cost of having the bike running as it should....

• Like 2
2 hours ago, p6x said:

I did not come out unscathed of the Guzzi venture either. If I add up only the cost of getting on the odometer fixed, on the other the tachometer, then I get to USD 1000...

Girl , you better understand one thing . This little enigma machine is anything BUT a wise decision . You will come out of this with an appreciation , an understanding an awareness , and most of all a better person . 

You will find yourself around a bunch of professional people who want you to be satisfied with your bike and you will be able to shock yourself when you look at your wiring diagram like it is a 1960 road map .

Grok . look it up

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, gstallons said:

Girl , you better understand one thing . This little enigma machine is anything BUT a wise decision . You will come out of this with an appreciation , an understanding an awareness , and most of all a better person . 

You will find yourself around a bunch of professional people who want you to be satisfied with your bike and you will be able to shock yourself when you look at your wiring diagram like it is a 1960 road map .

Grok . look it up

I am not getting any younger, and dreams are made to be realized. But I need to remain realistic to what I can accomplish. The money should never get in the way.

This is what I was looking for:

https://www.relentlessquestmotorcyclerestorations.com/work/1979-honda-cbx

IMG_3188.jpg?format=750w

• Like 1