Exhaust

Guest erikhorton

Guest erikhorton

I'm in the market for some slip-ons for my '04 Ballabio. I'm considering the Guzzi Titanium package. Has anyone tried this?

Also, the dealer I purchased the bike from keeps telling me I'll need to buy a crossover as well, is this true?

Any other pipes I should try?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the Mistral pipes on my V11 and they are quite adequate but I cannot compare then to anything other than the stock pipes. I have tried the Mistral crossover and the Stucchi crossover. The Mistral gives a very fat midrange but cuts the top end power. I really enjoy the Mistral for touring. The Stucchi is more suited to optimum top end power so if you feel the need for the most speed this may be the way to go. You will need a Power Commander or equivalent to optimize the performance of whichever setup you decide upon. Most of all , I enjoy the sound of loud pipes.

I'm in the market for some slip-ons for my '04 Ballabio.  I'm considering the Guzzi Titanium package.  Has anyone tried this?

Also, the dealer I purchased the bike from keeps telling me I'll need to buy a crossover as well, is this true?

Any other pipes I should try?

The titanium kit comes with the slip-ons and new ecm to richen up the fuel mixture to get the full advantage of the slip-ons. There have been a few that have gone this route and still had problems with leaness and had to go with the PCIII to correct the lean issues. I suggest going to a different exhaust, ie Mistral and then purchasing a PCIII to dial in the fuel mixture. In the long run, you would be saving about $300.00 bucks.

Just my thoughts, others may or will vary. :lol:

Oh yeah, the Stucchi crossover helps just about everywhere. Don't leave home with out one!

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
Guest nitzge

I just had the Titaniums and lidless kit installed, not too loud at all, finish, I think, is excellent. nice pipes! I have an 02 Lemans and now it runs decent, dont think anything short of a Busa' will ever satisfy me for power though! but if you want all that, why buy the guzzi? reason, cause nobody else within 50miles of me has one!

Guest GGuzzi

I was going to go with the MG titaniums. Unfortunately the delivery was going to take a long while considering even guzzi did not know when they would have them from the Manufacturer. A blessing in disquise. I went to FBF Carbon pipes, No crossover, Air box converter, PC111 with Eraldo Ferracci Dynoing the bad boy himself . The results......Astounding. A whole new animal with a lovely roar. Highly recommended.

Pipes: 700.00

Pc111: 300.00

Airbor: 80.00

Dyno; 250.00

Tax not included. Riding home a BadA--. VTWiN......Priceless! :notworthy:

Guest John Y

Hre's a plug for the Staintune oval mufflers - they work with the stock cross-over and jetting, they're beautifully made and look fantastic in polished stainless, they sound GLORIOUS (not too loud but very deep) and come with removable inserts so you can make them as quiet as stock if you need to. What more could you want? :thumbsup:

.....a better price and availability/shipping to North America.

Guest GGuzzi
What were the dyno results?

al

A modest increase in Horsepower about 6hp possibly more. But the torgue was significant 69... The dips and valleys where smoothed out not only at the shift points but in between. Results.A much smoother ride in all gears.

There's no denying the beauty of Staintune exhaust. I'm one of those old fashioned lads who like shiny things. I derive no visual pleasure looking at carbon fibre, which to me looks like the underside of a fibre glass dune buggy body. Hey, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The exhaust on a motorcycle is a very important visual part of the motorcycle, unlike most all 4 wheel boxes.

It's just too bad Staintune in Canada is worth about 1/4 the current worth of my bike. Verrry expensive!

Ciao, Steve G.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Roadslayer

I went with the Mistrals because they cost under $600,U.S,were on the shelf and I could not live with the stock pipes. FBF couldn't give me a delivery date at that time and Guzzi pipes which I liked cost "me" too much money as I am poverty strick. However those Magni pipes are 'badass' but $1700U.S. is out of my range,as I am poverty strick. "Cheers" Roadslayer

Guest northend

My vote is for M-4 carbon cans from harpers. They got beautiful smooth carbon fiber and look right on my black and gray Le Mans :thumbsup: . And they also sound really sweet, you can ask Docc on that, very nice tone :grin: .

This is true, they have a beautiful finish much like the Feraccis. In fact they look almost identical. The Mistrals are much coarser. Although the M4 and the Feracci appear to be 'wrapped', the Mistral is solid cf about 4mm thick.

T :thumbsup: hese bikes all sound great with some pipes!