bizzare backfires/stumbles, poor running..

Guest dkgross

Guest dkgross

:thumbsup: good points, Al and Robbie.

yeah..other than a little leak or two (covered under warranty), it has been running pretty good. Everything happened after the airbox/PCIII mod, and I'm sure that Micha is backtracking it from that point.

I'm just being sullen and grumpy because I was SO looking forward to a long week alone on the bike...and now I go back to work on monday...no bike.

i didn't win lotto..can't buy the Furia :)

I'll keep ya'll posted. Thanks for the positive vibes :drink:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dkgross

well...seems like the main issue has been fixed..

according to Micha: Bad connection on the temp sensor…every time it would disconnect the bike would run extremely rich, it was thinking it was 3 degrees Celsius.

Yeah..that would be an issue when we're out in 40c weather riding around, eh Brian?

I'll get the bike back next week and see how she runs...No time to do the dyno now that vacation is over :(

I must confess..I was unfaithful to my Italian lover...I took an FJR for a spin today...

:blink::blink::blink:

must---not---do---something---rash----must----behave----must---must-----

so...maybe some suspension tuning this weekend....

Guest dkgross

picked her up yesterday. Runs pretty well. Still need to get the PCIII custom mapped.

basically one of the wires INSIDE the temp sensor connector had worked its way loose enough to not be making completel contact. sheeeeeesh. Micha also checked all the relays and 'moved a few around to different places". Not sure why...

I'm happy to have her home :)

Guest dkgross

and..thanks to a small amount of PCIII analysis and mid-range tweaking by MotoMan last night (THANK YOU), my ride into work this am was noticeably better. Of course, it wasn't 85 degrees out. We'll see how the ride home is this afternoon..

and..it's of to the shop to find some S100 cleaning goodies. Moto's bike looks SWEEEET up close :)

Guest dkgross

hi all.

got the PCIII dyno done tonigh..WOW..that's a fun process :) About halfway through, George's Dyno decided it didn't want to read the RPM's properly anymore..so, George just smiled and said "damn machines...I'll do it my way anyway". Experience is a great thing...

so..I notice a few big improvements...he richened up ALOT in the 3k-5k range at various throttle positions. And actually leaned out the high end a BIT.

off the line power seems MUCH improved. NO real noticible dips anywhere on a smooth acceleration run. And, the power from 5500 to redline pulls HARD.

Also..I notice that the 'valve chatter' under heave accel is GONE completely.

So...IF my temp sensor is working properly now...MAYBE all my issues are over???

I'll do a nice long, spirited ride tomorrow and check the MPG (not that I really care), but I'll hit some mountians as well..though, it's not going to be 90 tomorrow.

maybe if I'm realy lucky, I can get my 12k service done in CA by Todd and he can have a look :)