Aonther Scura clutch broken

Paul Minnaert

jrt,

I have a RAM clutch in my Tonti, very few miles on it yet, seems to work - lever action is very light. One question - did you notice the pushrod locating hole on the actuating piece was bigger than on the original Guzzi piece - so that the pushrod (clutch end) was a loose fit?

Thanks, KB :sun:

Thanks for the additional info, Jason. That looks to be a whole lot better than the iffy Guzzi effort.

How much was the RAM clutch, KB?

Do you reckon it would be cheaper if shipped from the US?

Nige. B)

jrt,

I have a RAM clutch in my Tonti, very few miles on it yet, seems to work - lever action is very light. One question - did you notice the pushrod locating hole on the actuating piece was bigger than on the original Guzzi piece - so that the pushrod (clutch end) was a loose fit?

Thanks, KB :sun:

33873[/snapback]

Lever action IS very light- I agree. It is also a 'longer throw' so it works well with my straight lever, but wouldn't work with the dogleg levers. I've seen a guy machine a spacer so he could use his stock levers- this on an 2000-2002ish EV.

Yes, I also noticed that the locating hole looked a bit larger than the old piece. This might be a good thing so that the actuating rod doesn't spin on the throwout bearing as much. We'll see.

I gloobed 'er up pretty good in there with heavy grease. Hope it stays.

J

...How much was the RAM clutch, KB?...

Think I paid about £400 18months ago. Came as complete clutch/flywheel assy inc clutch hub (splined drive off g/box). This was for a 5 speed Tonti - Dunno if it's the same as would go in a V11?

KB :sun:

The part number for the V11sport is different than the tonti frame, but it is available.  Same price at MGCycle.

http://www.mgcycle.com/clutch.html

J

33909[/snapback]

Thanks for that, J.

I'll try & find a UK supplier, but good info anyway!

Anybody any suggestions?

Much appreciated.

Nige. :thumbsup:

About a week back I posted to the MGCGB Yahoo group.

Still no acknowledgement or comment. :moon:

I appreciate that this problem is model specific, but I am amazed that there was no comment at all. :angry:

It was as if the post had never been made.....

Very odd behaviour, I think.

Maybe they think, like Guzzi, if they ignore it the problem will go away! :huh2::bbblll:

Big :thumbsup: to Paul for flagging it up & all other contributors.....At least we are taking it seriously!

Nige. :bike:

I left an owner's report & emailed Guzzi Customer Service at the Guzzi Website today...

Perhaps all single plate clutch owners should do this. It may seem a bit futile but you never know - someone may be listening...I'm gonna do it anyhow.

Ballacraine - are you going to fit a RAM unit?

Perhaps all single plate clutch owners should do this. It may seem a bit futile but you never know -  someone may be listening...I'm gonna do it anyhow.

Ballacraine - are you going to fit a RAM unit?

34158[/snapback]

I think that is a very good idea!

Include a link to this thread, I did! :thumbsup:

That is the intention, KB.

As far as I am aware the pukka RAM units don't grenade! :blink:

Apart from the cost issue, I have to admit I do really like the freer revving nature of the single plate clutch.

Nige. :helmet:

I just have read that the owner of the german exploding clutch scura has accepted an arrangement with Guzzi that he is happy with.

34155[/snapback]

Well that is encouraging, Paul.

Thanks for that info.

Nige. B)

...I'll try & find a UK supplier...Anybody any suggestions?

Spares GB will do a RAM clutch kit for the V11 for £433.90 ex vat (£509 inc vat).

I got last one from Wessons - not sure if they're still doing Guzzi stuff.

Apparently Guzzi have not made dealers aware of any problem with this clutch.