Waiting for v11 parts

Rob Le Duc

Is it normal to wait allmost 3 monts for Guzzi parts? or longer.The sommer is over

You know they close the factory for a month in the summer, maybe they start cleaning the month before, and after that took a month to get you parts.

But more serious, which parts are you waiting for?

I think it really depends a lot on your dealer. After waiting for warranty parts for 11 months I ordered them from another dealer (EISH ENTERPRISES, 11041 Opal Road N.E. Salineville, OH 43945 330-738-3944) who came highly recommended from other riders on this list. He said he only had one of the things I needed in stock. The rest would take a week to get from MG. Had all my parts in 10 days. Six weeks later my warranty parts arrived at my original dealer. I've never waited longer than two weeks for anything I've ordered from Joe Eish. The $75 it cost me for those parts was well spent. I was riding 6 wks sooner and I was now confident I had found a good source for parts and I decided to keep the V11S.

I can sympathise with your frustration. My V11 was in the shop 75 of the first 90 days I owned it.

Realize you are going to have to be creative and not rely on your dealer. Tap into the resources online and find alternate ways to get the parts you need. Since my first 12 months of ownwership my bike has been flawless (except for the stuff the dealer who did the tranny recall F***'d up this spring, but that's another story) Good luck and hang in there.

...yeah, it just "depends".... on several factors. MGNA, MG Italia, Dealer, luck... etc :huh2: And sometimes several seem to conspire :wacko:

In fact, humorously, I just received a call from Moto Italiano this last Saturday telling me that "my front fender was in". I said "huh??" :blink:

It turns out that when I bought the bike about 29 months ago, I made a list of warantee issues before I even took the bike home. Most of them were cosmetic.

One of those issues was a chipped front fender.

Well, time passed, and I eventually forgot about it.... especially since I changed out the forks and required a new CF fender anyway.

Well, it turns out that the warantee fender eventually showed up about 6 months ago(they estimate), and it got "lost" amongst a stack of boxes in storage at the shop, that they just discovered when digging through the stuff the other day :rolleyes:

.... so in the end, I told them to just keep it, as I sold the original fender over a year ago! :lol:

Wow, effectively over two years to get a warantee front fender. wow....

Funny :P

But to be fair, Moto Italiano has come through on many other warantee items for me quite quickly :thumbsup: , and often with few to no questions asked. This was an exceptional example, but an interesting one none-the-less.

al

I once ordered a factory decal for my bike which arrived at my home 364 days after I placed the order. I guess they didn't want me going around saying it can take years to get some parts. :bike:

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest StevePorscheS2

2 - 3 Months is normal. unless it involves large sums of warranty money, (that situation may be improving as the parts warehouse is most likely settled in after being relocated, and Piaggio has figured out that dealers stop doing warranty work after they are owed figures of money reaching five figures.) Don't get me wrong, I love my "Nero Corsa" and have also owned a SP1000, buy having your bike at a shop for nearly a year really hurts. December 12th will be the magic DAY. No matter how Irritated you get, just remember.. Its no fun riding a bike that you see everytime you turn a corner. When one begins to think like the masses, It's time to reconsider! OK now for another Vodka. STEVE.

Guest bshpilot

id have to add here that it all depends on whos doing the

ordering...some "dealers" (ones in good standing) are able

to get parts that others are not.

basically check around...its better to pay a little shipping

and have what you need than to be strung along...

Some dealers are better stocked than others.

Some times the parts are obsolete and in stock and sometimes they are regular replacement but on back order from Italy.

I think Agostini, MGCycle, MG Classics, MPH, Teo Lamers, Moto International, Harpers, Sonny Angel, and a few others often seem to have more parts than the North American distributor. Piaggio should improve things, but so far they seem to be no better than their predecessor....

Guest bshpilot

I wasnt talkin about in stock parts...some dealers LIKE MPH

can get parts where others seem to just muddle around and

make excuses.

and although i dont wanna turn this into a bash thread...HARPERS

is involved in litigation and has openly said they WONT "give" MG any more

money (they have OLD parts that they bought from MG...parts that

MG no longer wanted...were talking OLD bike stuff from what i understand)

so again some dealers can get what others cant...call 'round...

• 1 month later...

I wasnt talkin about in stock parts...some dealers LIKE MPH

can get parts where others seem to just muddle around and

make excuses.

and although i dont wanna turn this into a bash thread...HARPERS

is involved in litigation and has openly said they WONT "give" MG any more

money (they have OLD parts that they bought from MG...parts that

MG no longer wanted...were talking OLD bike stuff from what i understand)

so again some dealers can get what others cant...call 'round...

I am waiting for a part for my scura (only 5 weeks). So far ......

Having read this i am now slightly worried as had booked to go away in 6 weeks and also to TT in June. Niether is now looking likely ! :unsure: The bike is waiting for a clutch centre and they have no idea when it might arrive. Can i look for the part myself & see if i could get it elsewhere a bit quicker ? would they fit it if i did as it is being done under their warrenty not under MG. Does anybody know if this makes any difference. I have spoken to dealer on various occasions but i am not getting much sense,and they don't seem keen on this happening. Its something different each time & they don't seem to have any idea why it ate the clutch in the first place.

Should I stop panicking, sit back and wait or grab the phone & start ringing round ?

I am very inexperienced in all things Guzzi :blush: so would really appreciate anyones thoughts on this

Many thanks :)

Regards

Ozzy

I am waiting for a part for my scura (only 5 weeks). So far ......

Having read this i am now slightly worried as had booked to go away in 6 weeks and also to TT in June. Niether is now looking likely ! :unsure: The bike is waiting for a clutch centre and they have no idea when it might arrive. Can i look for the part myself & see if i could get it elsewhere a bit quicker ? would they fit it if i did as it is being done under their warrenty not under MG. Does anybody know if this makes any difference. I have spoken to dealer on various occasions but i am not getting much sense,and they don't seem keen on this happening. Its something different each time & they don't seem to have any idea why it ate the clutch in the first place.

Should I stop panicking, sit back and wait or grab the phone & start ringing round ?

I am very inexperienced in all things Guzzi :blush: so would really appreciate anyones thoughts on this

Many thanks :)

Regards

Ozzy

Hope its repaired by now Ozzy!