Wheel Dent

Daniel Cooper

So I hit a piece of exhaust pipe doing about 85 in the diamond lane on the 405--

Not that big of an impact, but a bit shocking.

I thought I got away unscathed (no noles in the case, dings in the exhaust), but yesterday I noticed the dent in the right side of the rear wheel. Not huge, but there. Who will straighten and true the wheel in So Cal ? Or is it time for a replacement--and who makes wheels for Guzzis ? Also, are the Brembos soft ? I didn't hit the pipe that hard.

So I hit a piece of exhaust pipe doing about 85 in the diamond lane on the 405--

Not that big of an impact, but a bit shocking.

I thought I got away unscathed (no noles in the case, dings in the exhaust), but yesterday I noticed the dent in the right side of the rear wheel. Not huge, but there. Who will straighten and true the wheel in So Cal ? Or is it time for a replacement--and who makes wheels for Guzzis ? Also, are the Brembos soft ? I didn't hit the pipe that hard.

36459[/snapback]

I've been told Italian wheels are soft, just hearsay, I don't have any solid information. I do know my Ducati bent a wheel in a fairly high speed impact with a pot hole.

I'm sure there is somebody in So. Cal but if you strike out locally I can recommend The Frame Man in Sacramento. I've used him once myself and sent lots of parts to him when I was around BMWs.

Lex

Or is it time for a replacement--and who makes wheels for Guzzis ?

36459[/snapback]

Ghezzi&Brian had some (very expensive looking) Oz wheels on their website - had a look but cant find the link.

If you are going to spring for some $$ wheels, I'd personally go for PVM wheels.

The OZ wheels do not incorporate a cush drive from what I understand, while the PVM units do.

Other than OZ, March, or PVM, there aren't many good wheel alternatives for the V11 other than the stock Brembos, as many manufacturers like Dymag don't make them anymore.

al

Other than OZ, March, or PVM, there aren't many good wheel alternatives for the V11 other than the stock Brembos, as many manufacturers like Dymag don't make them anymore.

PVM has Pauls bike on their site!

mguzzi2_500.jpg

(the red one)

BTW, i have a used original dark grey wheel set for sale

Thanks folks. The PVMs look plenty trick. $3K is brutal, however. Any comments on differences to the ride that light wheels make ?

36494[/snapback]

Buy every wheel you want but DON'T BUY MAGNESIUM WHEELS ! ! ! ! ! !

Danger for breaking down or ripping and possibility for crumbling too.

Do not buy it anyway, exept if you want to race on a track like Lagunaseca.