Help!!!Buying a Rosso Corsa

rcono

Help! I am in the process of buying a Rosso Corsa. I love the bike and I found one from a dealer in Santa Ana called Orange County Motorcycles, also known as Orange County Triumph. Does anyone know about this dealer? Has anyone had any bad or negative experiences? Are they reputable? I live here in Atlanta and I will be having the bike shipped out. Can anybody help me if they know of the dealer and could possibly check the bike out for me, i.e. scratches, blemishes and anything that would cause concern to a new buyer. I would be greatly indebted. If you could, please indicate to me here at this post or you can email me directly at www.RCono@bellsouth.net. The store is located in Santa Ana at 3001 South Main Street. In all fairness, my dealings so far have been terrific. However, I just want to be sure that I am doing the right thing in dealing with this shop. The bottom line is that I'd like a stress-free purchase, as much as that is possible under the circumstances. Thanks all for your help. RCono

I bought my V11 sport at Orange County Motors last summer. I picked it up in person when I was out in California, but I live in Kansas and purchased the bike over the phone. I can vouch for the fact that they delivered my bike in reasonably good condition. Their customer service during my transaction was average, but I was buying one of their "blow-out" specials so their attitude was basically "take it or leave it."

Make sure they are shipping an owner's manual and tool kit becuase they were in short supply when I picked up my bike.

I have used Allied shipping (a company Orange County Motors has also used) several times and they do a good job inspecting the bike for blemishes when they pick it up. If you are using them as a shipper, you could probably ask that they fax you a copy of the inspection report prior to shipping the bike, although by the time they look at it you will probably be committed.

Also, make sure your local dealer will be reasonable about warranty work on a bike delivered from elsewhere. I had some issues with this, but the people at MGUSA were helpful. Good luck and enjoy your bike.

Yeah, do a search for "Orange" and you'll probably find quite a few "opinions" on the issue :rolleyes: , but basically we haven't heard any bad feedback from customers.

One thing you'll want to double-check on is if the bike is fully setup and all the fasteners have been given a good going-through once received. Keep in mind that one always gets what one pays for, so it is possible some corners may get cut in the prep, but not necessarily. Also you may want to check with your local dealer to see if they'll be thrilled about servicing one of the "Wal Guzzis" from Orange County.

Many dealers are quite upset with MGNA for selling OC a load of bikes at such a low cost not offered to others, such that OC can sell their bikes at retail lower than *cost* for the regular dealers. One very reputable and well-respected dealer in L.A.(Moto Guzzi Classics) finally just gave up selling new Guzzis as he couldn't compete, and ended up doing a bunch of warantee work on bikes he never sold.

We've even heard rumblings of class action suits from some other big dealers that were undercut by the deal. But that's just rumor-mongering on my part :P

Good luck with the bike though. I think 2-3 folks on the board bought an OC bike from out of state and it turned out fine.

al

Guest WildJackal

I bought my V11 Sport from Orange. No complaints. I had it shipped to North Carolina. :homer: I forget, but I think I used Forward Air. Unlocked the shipping crate and drove it away.

The bike has to be delivered to Forward Air (they are near the Airport but ship by truck). I had a friend do it.

Mine was complete, but I have heard of missing manuals and tool kit. They followed up with no problems.

...selling ... a load of bikes at such a low cost not offered to others, such that ... can sell their bikes at retail lower than *cost* for the regular dealers....

Guzzi did exact same thing in UK, same results.

KB :sun:

Guest Lvguzzi
Help!  I am in the process of buying a Rosso Corsa.  I love the bike and I found one from a dealer in Santa Ana called Orange County Motorcycles, also known as Orange County Triumph.  Does anyone know about this dealer?  Has anyone had any bad or negative experiences?  Are they reputable?  I live here in Atlanta and I will be having the bike shipped out.  Can anybody help me if they know of the dealer and could possibly check the bike out for me, i.e. scratches, blemishes and anything that would cause concern to a new buyer.  I would be greatly indebted.  If you could, please indicate to me here at this post or you can email me directly at www.RCono@bellsouth.net.  The store is located in Santa Ana at 3001 South Main Street.  In all fairness, my dealings so far have been terrific.  However, I just want to be sure that I am doing the right thing in dealing with this shop. The bottom line is that I'd like a stress-free purchase, as much as that is possible under the circumstances.  Thanks all for your help.  RCono

38233[/snapback]

:bier::bier:

Guest Lvguzzi

I bought my Guzzi from OC motor sports, i live in vegas and drove to O.C. & picked up my bike...the customer service was excellent, Micky the owner also hooked me up w/a mechanic here Vegas. Cant say enough good things about O.C. motor cycles. :mg::helmet::drink:

Help!  I am in the process of buying a Rosso Corsa.  **** I live here in Atlanta ****

38233[/snapback]

Any particular reason you can't do business with ATD (MG)?

Bill

Inman Park

Atlanta

Any particular reason you can't do business with ATD (MG)?

Bill

Inman Park

Atlanta

38331[/snapback]

Orange county and L.A. yamaha are about 1500 to 3000 dollars cheaper than the other dealers. (most of the time)

Orange county and L.A. yamaha are about 1500 to 3000 dollars cheaper than the other dealers. (most of the time)

38354[/snapback]

I appreciate that--as in understand that $ are $--but, as I am sure you agree, there is more to life ... and buying and riding motorcycles ... than bottom lines.

This horse has, I suspect, been beaten to death in various threads here and elsewhere, but it bears noting again now and then that one should support a local dealer for altruistic and self-serving reasons.

I buy what I can--motorcycles and accessories--from Atlanta Triumph Ducati (Moto Guzzi) because they are great folks, do super work, and are in business here. If they don't have it, I look to dealers who care about Guzzis (MPH and Harpers come immediately to mind) because there ought to be some payback for loyalty to and enthusiasm for our slightly loony brand. :D

ATDMG will, of course, do warranty work for folks who don't buy there, even local folks who might buy in California. But, when I need service as in "right now," somehow that happens. I don't ask unless I need it, but when I do, it happens. That is not--and, I submit, should not--be the case for those who choose to help profit and volume interests of folks elsewhere. In other words, it ain't just politics that is local, it's life.

We're all different about money, and not just in the amount we have, but how we think about it. I pay for (and get) more than the bill-of-sale price.

Regards from Atlanta, where, after spending a few hours at Home Depot this a.m., I am about to go play in the dirt of our garden instead of the twisties. I shouldn't be greedy, tho as I played hooky Thursday and had a fine ride in the mountains. http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=9wgryyin.22qdszsj&x=0&y=-9t8gc6

Bill

Very well stated, Bill

It's been said by others also:

"Price is what you pay. Value is what you get."

Author: Warren Buffett

But, when I need service as in "right now," somehow that happens.  I don't ask unless I need it, but when I do, it happens.  That is not--and, I submit, should not--be the case for those who choose to help profit and volume interests of folks elsewhere.  In other words, it ain't just politics that is local, it's life.

We're all different about money, and not just in the amount we have, but how we think about it.  I pay for (and get) more than the bill-of-sale price.

38357[/snapback]

Best of luck with the new bike.

Bill is, without a doubt, one of the most decent and honourable men I've ever met. This would seem to be reflected in the transactions he performs and the service he therefore recieves. I think there's a lesson there for people who go chasing the cheap :stupid:

Pete