Exhaust and silencer V11 Sport from 2000

Guest Guzzijens

Coors, Rolling Rock, Bud, Busch, Schlitz and their Light versions

Oh crap ! If that's your impression of beer in America then your food impression must be based on McDonalds, KFC, Twinkies, and Krispy Kreme !!

Jaap.. next time drink the local stuff !! :bier:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jaap, who let you actually drink that crap???? The only Americans that drinks that shit can't ride a motorcycle cause thiers guts get in the way, my father was one, BUD LIGHT all the way, ICK!!!!! The US has many fine breweries that are available all over. You just know where to look. You american "friends" should have steered you straignt. (But I am partial to german bocks,,mmmmm triple bock.... and english stouts personally; to strong for most american guts... LOL.) I am sorry you didn't have a more "enjoyable" beer drinking experience in the US, but you did sample the "NORM." Ick. At least you know how I feel,.

Jrt - Sierra Nevada Porter is is on e of my regs. But I still rate Samual Smtih Oatmeal Stout as my favorite. Oh so go at $5.00 a bottle her in Georgia.... I need to make more money......

english stouts personally; to strong for most american guts... LOL

When I lived in Hampshire we had the USS Enterprise aircraft carrier (not Capt Kirk's!) dock in Portsmouth and some sailors turned up at our local pub.

They chose to drink some Marstons Old Rodger and after 2 pints were falling off their stools!

:bier:

To be honest, I'm not a big fan of stouts, dark ale, triples, etc. A tasty fresh pilsner/lager does the trick for me, and sometimes a german häfeweizen. That was what I was looking for in the US supermarkets. (and didn't find)

When I lived in Hampshire we had the USS Enterprise aircraft carrier (not Capt Kirk's!) dock in Portsmouth and some sailors turned up at our local pub.

They chose to drink some Marstons Old Rodger and after 2 pints were falling off their stools!

40477[/snapback]

Do you remember the "Cornish Rebellion" from the Redruth Brewery in Cornwall or is this just too local?

BTW, this could be the beginning of an other great shit war, let me just mention my "prowdly brewed in Bavaria" soul...

Hubert

Guest davidb

40477[/snapback]

alcohol tolerance lowers after being out to sea for three months. Remember, its the brits who were given a ration of ale aboard ship. ( do they still?)

Since this turn into a micro b. thread i can't help to point out this place

which i live a couple of blocks from, their stuff is pretty good, it's

literally on the shadow of the original lone star brewery now abandoned.

but the place to hang out is across the tracks in a small ice house called La Tuna,

that's were the locals go, no micros there though,.. just piss water or mouthwash

(as a friend from back east says). Blue Star is a bit too...touristy? :pic:

They chose to drink some Marstons Old Rodger

high alcohol beer always gets the tourists.. I grew up in Canada and the visiting Americans always loved to get the high octane stuff, like Molson's Bras D'Or.. which I think was about 6-6.5 percent.

I have a very very blurry memory of being in Cardiff, Wales in the late 70's on a high school trip and drinking (at a young age) S.A. Brains.. dunno what type of beer it was, but the locals said that S.A. stood for "skull attack".. I think my host family was rather shocked (but understanding) of my condition when we got in that night.

Jaap, (or anyone else that finds themselves in my hood)

I'll take you up the road for the best pilsner this side of Plzen. Built by our local New Belgium Brewery, and worth a tour just for the amazing facility they have. I think they export some, but not all, of their wares ... the pilsner being one that they don't because it spoils easily. These are some of the best brews I have ever tasted and very popular with my corporate brothers/sisters from our Euro and UK offices. In fact, when I travel across the pond they request as many bottles as I can carry and consider it better than most of their local brands ... Belgians included! Though I agree, it's tough to find better than the domestic Belgian brews. When in Oxford I always visit a certain pub so I can have Old Peculier fresh from the tap. A real treat.

Visit:

www.newbelgium.com

Belgians are not famous for their pilsners either, leave that to the Germans and the Czech (Budweiser, Radegast, very nice!)

Colorado? This afternoon my GF found an ad for a veeeery cheap US- RV holiday... Thank God for the Euro... (although some of you will disagree :) ) So maybe we'll take you up on that offer!

After considerable primary research it's;

( a little rustling noise as the envelop is opened )

A pint of British Bitter, straight from the tap.

( thunderous applause )

on this side of the pond I go for Sierra Nevada IPA, Okenongen Springs IPA, or Magic Hat #9, which is a little hippy micro brewery right here in the 'hood.

On second thought, maybe more research is needed. Anyone second this motion?

...well, two quick comments:

- If one is searching for "good beer" at a standard US supermarket, your chances of finding much are slim. However, if you go to a "beer/liquor supermarket" such as Beverages & More... you're likely to find better selection.

- I can't stand beer(sorry guys :P ) ... and I've had several Euro friends try to "show me the error of my ways" over the years whilst in various locales in Europe, including Belgium and the Czech Rep... :huh2: So with that in mind, to my first point... for folks like me that think pretty much all beer is bad, logically, any beer is equally as good ;) So even the "cost cutter" yellow label generic beer at Kroger(yes, they actually used to sell that)... would probably be just as bad/good to my tastes :rolleyes: ...as crazy as that sounds :blink:

....ok, well one qualifier that makes me a bit of a liar I guess. Stouts like Guinness are "less bad" to me :huh:

:lol:

al