Cop Top Speed

velofish

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duh a Honda NSX, anyway there are lamos here but they are usualy driven by CEO's or who knows what there are some big bizness in MN. The police all drive crown vics some have malibu's I've also seen dodge durangos and ford explorers I guess they think they need the 4wd?

Just in case you decide to run for it next time.  Top speeds of the common NA police pursuit vehicles.

Ford Crown Victoria: 128mph

Dodge Intrepid:  135 mph

Chevrolet Impala:  123mph

Good luck and you didn't hear it from me.

44629[/snapback]

Our porting, twin plugging, Hi compression pistons, lighter flywheels and loud pipes just aren't fast enough for an escape.

Time to invest in a nitrous booster. Hmmm, I don't think we have had a nitrous thread yet... :rasta:edit, I take that back, there has been a nitrous thread: http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3635&hl=

....the new NSX it appears  :huh2:

We've also got some Camaro SS's and Corvettes running around as well.

But Carl makes the most salient point regarding radio  ;)

al

44647[/snapback]

I disagree.

Have you guys ever had the opportunity to checkout response time when you dial 911?

Odds are, I'd be in the next county by the time the next fine LEO could intercept me.

Of course it would all be a crapshoot.

An example happened just Saturday.

Our wonderful city planners put a commuter train in with connecting busses that only run at rush hour. I saw some poor sap taking the two mile walk to the nearest bus station and told him to hop on the back of the bike with no helmet. Just my luck, a cop comes from the other direction. I tell the passenger to hold on, as we shift into hyperspeed.

No radio intercept, no ticckeet! And no lives endangered. I will run, but I won't do anything stupid. You may argue that to be an oxymoron, but I beg to differ and believe that it is sometimes safe to ellude the fuzz. However if they are right on my tail or have a speed trap I am cooked goose. It is when the cop has to drive ahead and do a U turn that you can gain advantage, or you can be a fine citizen and just pull over and pull out your license.

Of course the cop may not have seen my lidless passenger, but I was not about to stick around to find out. His radio would only help him if the police had a 60 second response time.

A nitrous booster would have helped, but then I would have lost the passenger, but still no ticckeet! :lol:

I disagree.

Have you guys ever had the opportunity to checkout response time when you dial 911?

Odds are, I'd be in the next county by the time the next fine LEO could intercept me.

Of course it would all be a crapshoot. **** His radio would only help him if the police had a 60 second response time.  A nitrous booster would have helped, but then I would have lost the passenger, but still no ticckeet! :lol:

44699[/snapback]

A local EV rider is a cop who flies a police helo. You ought to hear his stories of folks who thought they could outrun the Crown Vics and radio-response times.

Great way to spend the night--and perhaps longer--in Atlanta's pretrial detention center. Book 'em, Danno. :pic: