MGS-01 when?....

helicopterjim R.I.P.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Splendid!!!

Can't find any serious Italian wine right now but I'd go with some pretty good Bordeaux. That'll do the job. Ready with the corkscrew: at your signal, sir.

:drink:  :mg:  :D

G.

45430[/snapback]

Maybe something like this wine would be appropriate!

Vino de Breganze

When I was picking up my new R1 last Friday Gord took me to the back room where there was a huge plywood box with MGS 01 all over it.

I wanted to see inside but they wouldn't let me :angry:. Supposedly this is the only one in Canada.

Congratulations Helicopter.

But I am surprised that you let such a silly thing like flying mess with your bike riding. I quit my 4,000 hrs+ airline career over 20 yrs ago since it wrecked my life quality too much.

Work for hire sucks, hard work sucks harder.

Enjoy your bike. :bike:

I was once asked by an American (sorry guys from across the pond, no offence) whether we had our own language in Denmark. I said: "yes, it's called Danish" He said: "Ain't that something you eat?"

Søren

45562[/snapback]

That's what you get for being the ones to invent having pastry at breakfast time instead of just for dessert! :food:

:thumbsup:

That's what you get for being the ones to invent having pastry at breakfast time instead of just for dessert! :food:

:thumbsup:

45733[/snapback]

The funny part is that Danish pastry is called Wienerbrød ("Vienna bread" as in "Bread from Vienna, Austria") in Danish. Don't know why it's called Danish in English. Suspect a Danish baker couldn't afford the return ticket back in the 17th century and chose to stay abroad.

Actually I don't eat it - I find it too rich and I'm already having trouble slipping into my Kushitani leathersuit.....

Who said Fat Bastard? :grin:

Søren

Goffredo,

I'm curious where the 40 bikes went, can you find out how much to each country?

45436[/snapback]

Today at TLM they told they'd deliver one around June/July to a customer (they guessed it was a collector)

A Brazilian is a style of bikini line waxing- just think of a tiny "Hitler Moustache" above a ladies front bottom.

Called a Brazilian I believe because it originated from Rio where the swimwear for ladies is minimal and they do not want any spider's legs sticking out.

Apparently the girls have to get on all fours in the beauty parlour to get it finished off properly.

<_>

Guest mathieuguzzi

I heard from Daes Mototec yesterday and I have been told that one of the two MGS is to undergo a specific treatment by Daes in order to make it TUV compliant for street riding. There is going to be one lucky german guy on this planet.

Mathieu

PS: From now on I will be using mathieuguzzi as my user name, instead of 1100sport.

Goffredo,

I'm curious where the 40 bikes went, can you find out how much to each country?

I know 2 are deliverd on Man

2 are sold in germaney trough daes motec

3 are on sale in england.

where is the rest?

And how much of them are sitting in a shop?

45436[/snapback]

I heard from Daes Mototec yesterday and I have been told that one of the two MGS is to undergo a specific treatment by Daes in order to make it TUV compliant for street riding. There is going to be one lucky german guy on this planet.

Mathieu

45772[/snapback]

This is possible (TUV) these German technicians are genius on converting things.

(Have been there and seen that) :thumbsup:

Let's see then what will the :luigi: people at the MG factory say :notworthy: when the bike will get the EU specs to be able for a licence plate. Bacause from what I heared right now from Mandelo is that they won't make it (MGS)into normal production because they "can't" make it pass EU euro2 (or 3 or whatever) specifications having the right emmissions for getting licence plate.

My :2c: is that this can be done.

I have also heared to a factory recource a couple of days ago,that there is also a plan of producing some more MGS1 to be out latter this summer. :sun: .....Stay tuned.

I won't buy or order any of them(though I can do this) for various reasons and one of them is that though before a couple of years they planned it for production now they "claim" that it can't have the correct Euro specifications for a street use :stupid: , and I ask my self "Are they bulls%#g us? Y' know I can't buy such nonsence

And perhaps IF I ever going to buy a special and powerfull guzzi I think I will be opted for something like this (but 2valve engine) These people who made the below bike know more about MGs that MG itself

The below bike produces a healthy 147ps and has a licence plate and TUV..bla,bla....you name it

guzstreet10c.jpg

Another resourse that I have and is the ones that provided the pistons for the race in Albacete (and I suppose many other tech stuff as well) said to me plain simple that the bike (MGS01) has a gerbox problem and that's the main reason for not taking it into production.

P.S. Matheu are you from Germany? Viele grusse dann :bier:

Guest goffredo
This is possible (TUV) these German technicians are genius on converting things.

(Have been there and seen that) :thumbsup:

Let's see then what will the :luigi:  people at the MG factory say :notworthy: when the bike will get the EU specs to be able for a licence plate. Bacause from what I heared right now from Mandelo is that  they won't make it (MGS)into normal production because they "can't" make it pass EU euro2 (or 3 or whatever) specifications having the right emmissions for getting licence plate.

My  :2c: is that this can be done.

Here how I see it:

1) the Aprilia people who told us about street legal MGS-01 and Griso with the 4V engines are history. Bye bye to them an thank you for bringing the compay on the edge of bankrupcy. Now Moto Guzzi has been bought by Piaggio. New managers are in and my impression is that they are doping a pretty good job in communicating clearly what is going to happen now and what is not going to happen.

2)So, fact is in the 2005 Moto Guzzi range catalogue the MGS-01 is available as race-replica only and the Griso has the 2V engine.

3) That's enough intelligence to me to coclude that the 4V engine is no more. Gone. Assembly lines no longer exist. Cheerio, thanks and goodbye. Yes, I know they did present the Griso with the 4V and their website STILL say that the MGS is arriving road legal in ehr... last year ! But fact is that the Griso is going to be with the 2V and that can only means the 4V is not going to be put in production again.

Personally I am happy about that. I would like to see the genius of people like Giuseppe Ghezzi applied on something more powerful and modern than the old Guzzi 4V.

Not to mention the idea of adapting the 2V engine on the MGS... A Moto Guzzi "sportiva" with a "mighty" 86 hp engine??? Lord spare me that sight...

Saluti,

G.

:mg:

And what about that powerfull V10 project?Why didn't it ever came to production?

:2c: I recon Aprilia has done more harm to the company as none else.

They have even used the MG factory to assemply their own Aprilia crates ,haven't they?

BTW a 2valve engine can put up to 120Bhp on the wheel with the right boring i.e.

1160i Sport engine can do a genuine114ps on the dyno.Concidering it's massiv torgue 116Nm at 6300/ a bike like that could kick ass!! anytime! :grin::D .Also my :2c:

Cheers :bier: