EXACT exhaust options...

v50man

You could try contacting Arnold Barnhardt (spelling???) at Ghezzi Brian North America

His address is on one of my old posts re quat-d

You could also email:

gheb.info

at

ghezzi-brian.com

email address modified to FOOL the spammeisters.

46336[/snapback]

Will do. Thanks.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard one of those similar Exhaust on a Buell, Funny the similiarites in these two bikes, Anyway I thought it sounded nice and loud but kinda of tinny like ppl had said. Nice and loud tho. So Really to each thier own the more I find out its really what you are comfy with. I like the look of having pipes coming out the bike thats just me. Although I've seen those shorty small little pipes that replace the crossover and the mufflers, One small side note when I get a PCIII where do I find maps for my bike? I'll have the Mistrals Stockxover and pods I haven't seen that one around. Next year I'll have the stucchi or ferracci crossover but I haven't seen a map for that combo either its like all the maps have at least one stock option on it.

Aside from its dated motor, the XB12R is an AMAZING motorcycle -- as fun as anything I've ever ridden. Almost bought one, but the Guzzi thing...

Anyway, I've been in contact with Bruno "Brian" Saturno of Ghezzi-Brian and he is set to email me a price on the "race" exhaust.

I will, of course, post his reply.

Off topic, but -- after an entire day of sorting out my Ducati -- I love the simplicity and accessibility of my Guzzis even more. :mg:

I used to own a Ducati Paso. It was a lovely little thing, when it ran! After countless attempts to fix the problems, 2 yrs of no dealer in Western Canada, and too many times getting phone calls to go riding, only to have to take the old Kawi 750 cause the Duck wouldn't run, I traded it for another bike, which I still have. As well, the lovely Desmo system eliminates, or at least slows down the back yard mechanic. I've completely rebuilt a 24 valve in line 6 with no worries, and I found the desmo system cranky to work on, and I had only the 2 valve Phantah based engine.

Now I have a Guzzi. All I need is a chisel and a brick to do a tune up.

Ciao, Steve G.

I used to own a Ducati Paso. It was a lovely little thing, when it ran! After countless attempts to fix the problems, 2 yrs of no dealer in Western Canada, and too many times getting phone calls to go riding, only to have to take the old Kawi 750 cause the Duck wouldn't run, I traded it for another bike, which I still have. As well, the lovely Desmo system eliminates, or at least slows down the back yard mechanic. I've completely rebuilt a 24 valve in line 6 with no worries, and I found the desmo system cranky to work on, and I had only the 2 valve Phantah based engine.

Now I have a Guzzi. All I need is a chisel and a brick to do a tune up.

Ciao, Steve G.

46576[/snapback]

Amen. But, I gotta keep the bike. When it's good it's GREAT.

I agree Mountians More Character than the wimpy Buell, Even If the 1200 can be faster. I don't need tickets, BTW the best sound I've heard on these bikes is with nothing but the crossover almost sounded like a slighty higher pitched harley :P: IF only, If only :P: Mmmm straight pipes, ...... Nah I'll just get the Ti's

:mg:

I agree Mountians More Character than the wimpy Buell, Even If the 1200 can be faster. I don't need tickets, BTW the best sound I've heard on these bikes is with nothing but the crossover almost sounded like a slighty higher pitched harley  :P: IF only, If only  :P:  Mmmm straight pipes, ...... Nah I'll just get the Ti's

46583[/snapback]

but ya gotta admit, the technology behind buell is SOLID!!!!!!!!!

But what did I buy?

Well just as solid as Guzzi, maybe not quite as solid mechanically HD has more problems than anyone over the years just been around as long. I wish they had a better finish on them but they are so cheap and flimsy. I'm glad you made the right choice I chose my Guzzi over a Triumph Sprint ST, which I may still get one, that or a Aprilia Futura or MAYBE look at a BMW if a good deal stirkes me. I need a Good touring bike and My guzzi just isn't quite there on the distance, All through intown great, small jaunts great, twisties pretty good, anything else leaves it a little lacking with no bags or a more relaxed riding position(I know the newer ones have raised bars tho)

Anyway, I've been in contact with Bruno "Brian" Saturno of Ghezzi-Brian and he is set to email me a price on the "race" exhaust.

I will, of course, post his reply.

46572[/snapback]

Looking forward to the reply.

Here is a picture showing the QuatD advantage of my dog being able to get around the bike barely brushing the shrub....

qdbandit.JPG

Well just as solid as Guzzi, maybe not quite as solid mechanically HD has more problems than anyone over the years just been around as long. I wish they had a better finish on them but they are so cheap and flimsy. I'm glad you made the right choice I chose my Guzzi over a Triumph Sprint ST, which I may still get one, that or a Aprilia Futura or MAYBE look at a BMW if a good deal stirkes me. I need a Good touring bike and My guzzi just isn't quite there on the distance, All through intown great, small jaunts great, twisties pretty good, anything else leaves it a little lacking with no bags or a more relaxed riding position(I know the newer ones have raised bars tho)

46589[/snapback]

I didn't find the fit and finish THAT bad, though I did HATE the raised gold letters on the "tank."

I guess I should have said that Buell's PHILOSOPHY is spot-on. You simply cannot go to the website for an extended stay -- watch his small movies -- and not come away with a lot of respect and admiration for what he's TRYING to do.

P.S. The front brake setup, for me, works amazingly.

I've heard one of those similar Exhaust on a Buell, Funny the similiarites in these two bikes, Anyway I thought it sounded nice and loud but kinda of tinny like ppl had said. Nice and loud tho. So Really to each thier own the more I find out its really what you are comfy with. I like the look of having pipes coming out the bike thats just me. Although I've seen those shorty small little pipes that replace the crossover and the mufflers, One small side note when I get a PCIII where do I find maps for my bike? I'll have the Mistrals Stockxover and pods I haven't seen that one around. Next year I'll have the stucchi or ferracci crossover but I haven't seen a map for that combo either its like all the maps have at least one stock option on it.

46567[/snapback]

No matter what options you have,a dyno run to set it up should be considered part of the fitting process.Pre loaded maps will get you probably close to what you require but every bike is different and even minor tweaking will reap benefits over a generic "one fits all " map, even if both bikes have had similar modifications. Having said that, I would ask Todd at Guzzi Tech if in his experience the downloadable maps are as good as one would need in the "real world" . :2c:

This just in from Ghezzi-Brian per my inquiry as to the non-catalyzed Quat-D muffler.

Does "ex box" mean shipped to a freight area as opposed to one's home/office? Will post all further elaborations.

DLAING, did your Quat-D have a removable catalyst? Never heard of this before. Anyway...

considering the cost of transportation we quote you our very best dealer price Euro 412,50. To remove the catalyzer you just need to take a cap off.

Should you be interested in placing an order, please note here below our sales terms & conditions:

Shipment: ex-works. Should you need the quotation free to your premises, pls advise complete address and we will follow up promptly.

Delivery: 1 week from receipt of SWIFT payment

Payment terms: Bank SWIFT on

SAN PAOLO IM, Branch of Missaglia

Account no. 000000001178

SWIFT IBSP IT TM

IBAN IT10 S010 2551 5501 0000 0001 178

Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards, 

Bruno "Brian" Saturno

DLAING, did your Quat-D have a removable catalyst?  Never heard of this before.  Anyway...

46717[/snapback]

Not to my knowledge.

There was a kind of double walled outlet.

But, I did not even think about removing the inner outlet, which could have been a restrictor or catalyst :huh2: