EXACT exhaust options...

v50man

The entire system -- shipped (left Italy on Good Friday and arrived in ATL yesterday afternoon via DHL) was about $1050 USD.

Not bad when you consider the cost of a good set of pipes/crossover, etc.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest philbo
The entire system -- shipped (left Italy on Good Friday and arrived in ATL yesterday afternoon via DHL) was about $1050 USD.

47397[/snapback]

That's not bad at all - I've ordered a pair of Staintunes and Stucchi x/overs and that's running me $1215.00.

47397[/snapback]

When you say the 'entire system', did you end up getting the headers as well?

Your price is about £555, which is cheaper than the whole system in the U.K.

Well...seeing as the MG Ti's were a long lost promise (and pricy) and Leo V said "no more guzzi"....I found myself impatient and frustrated. Then I saw that there were a few dealers with Giannelli's Ti's for $550-$585...and I took the plunge. FYI - MotoInternational told me they got the last of US distributors' Gianellis for v11...at least for now.

I first tried to install them with the v11 OEM brackets but ran into the same minor spacing problem as "rudi."

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=725&hl=

Until I go to the hardware store and find the spacers, I used the Giannelli brackets (sin foot pegs and kinda ugly). They work well, but still don't line up the cans "perfectly" if you look from the rear of the bike....but non anal person may not care.

Pipes sound great, maybe even a bit on the loud side (with Stucchi) when you really get on the throttle. One downside, the cans have a Giannelli tag riveted on the sides. It's not too obnoxious, but I'm not a big fan of them. A future project may be to drill the small rivets out, remove tag, and replace with new rivets.

That all being said, I got a great set of pipes AND a PCIII for less than a set of most other Ti's. success...for now.

When you say the 'entire system', did you end up getting the headers as well?

Your price is about £555, which is cheaper than the whole system in the U.K.

47429[/snapback]

Headers -- everything -- the whole kit.

Beautifully crafted and VERY well packed.

Ordered it directly from the factory where a man named Manuel De Liso speaks more-than-competent English and is very good with follow-up.

Humble apologies for diving back in to this so far down the line, but what is the final verdict? Can I get UK legal (important in North Wales) cans with removable inserts a la Blue Flame, Scorpion etc?

If I can, do I need a new ECU chip, or a power commander, or now't at all?

OR, should I just dismantle the stock pipes and stuff them with wool - we've got plenty of sheeps around here!!!

Can I get UK legal (important in North Wales) cans with removable inserts a la Blue Flame, Scorpion etc?

47511[/snapback]

Is it really that bad in North Wales?

I am not sure whether any of the firms that make pipes with removable road legal baffles manufacture a silencer for the V11.

If you were more local I could direct you to a guy in a small industrial unit near here who makes silencers for some of the big brand names.

He could probably weld in a road legal baffle into, say, a Mistral, stamp your pipe to say it is road legal then it would be up to you if you decided to break the weak weld holding in the legal baffle. Just don't tell Martin!!

Guy :helmet:

I don't know the UK laws, but I bet the Staintune, which comes with a removeable restrictor, might past the tests and be removeable for Off Road Activity.

I have also thought that one could buy Supertrapps and take the OE slip-ons and cut off the pipe and weld it to the Supertrapps to make them fit.

It might even be cheaper than many of the other options.

With Supertrapps you should be able to adjust to your ear's content.

Dont know if the design of Supertrapp pipes has changed in the last few years, but the last experience I had of them was that unless you had almost all of the supplied discs{they fit into an end cap to effectively give you a larger or smaller hole at the end of the pipe} fitted, they cost power and torque. To make mid range torque, which was the point of the project,we fitted 10 or 11[sorry, memory not as good as it used to be- I think-cant remember if it used to be better than it is nowadays] discs-torque was up but the noise was deafening, it became a straight thru megga more or less. I loved it, but the owner didn't. When we removed discs to quieten it, we lost power. [Measured on a dyno]Bike was a modified Harley Sportster.

Humble apologies for diving back in to this so far down the line, but what is the final verdict? Can I get UK legal (important in North Wales) cans with removable inserts a la Blue Flame, Scorpion etc?

If I can, do I need a new ECU chip, or a power commander, or now't at all?

OR, should I just dismantle the stock pipes and stuff them with wool - we've got plenty of sheeps around here!!!

47511[/snapback]

I had a quick look back at the list on page 1. Venom, for one, did legal stuff when I was looking before:

'Venom road legal oval cans

titanium £228.20'

Guest SDKFZ111
I had a quick look back at the list on page 1. Venom, for one, did legal stuff when I was looking before:

'Venom road legal oval cans

titanium £228.20'

47527[/snapback]

Whoever posted the cutaway pictures of the internals of the stock cans sometime ago---if you could post again, post the thread, or email them to me, I'd appreciate it. Thanks. k

stormsedge@aol.com