EXACT exhaust options...

v50man

Whoever posted the cutaway pictures of the internals of the stock cans sometime ago---if you could post again, post the thread, or email them to me, I'd appreciate it.  Thanks. k

stormsedge@aol.com

47578[/snapback]

A few people have posted such pics.

Some of the best shots of the innards are here:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3028

MGstructurerevealed.jpg

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, dlaing. Exactly what I was looking for. k

• 5 months later...

:2c:

Boy, lotsa info on pipes!!!!

My stock pipes cracked at the flair to the canister, so l replaced them with a set of GREAT sounding Mistral Carbon Fiber ones. Look great, sound great, l Love them :D

:bier:

Cheers,

Van

and don't forget all those Tenni owners!

Get in touch!! :mg:

• 6 years later...

An old thread I'm trying to figure stuff out from, for my V11S exhausts (bought the bike a week ago). The 2nd owner claims the mufflers are mistrals (he didn't put them on but the 1st owner did, apparently in 2002), I disagree them being mistrals based on the part number, it's #99 99 99 83, which on this thread, is a MG aluminum muffler option, discontinued by now (long gone it seems).

From the parts lists (GU01600 for '99-'01 V11S's, mine is '00), however, such an option is not shown anywhere, may be just the poor Guzzi documentation as usual. All I'm after is whether my theory is correct, the 99999983 (optional) aluminum-mufflers were Guzzi's slip-ons, not mistrals (?)

BTW, these sound great, runs great (just a few days of riding since purchased), for curiosity everything else exhausts wise seems original, crossovers and all (other than the K&N air filter element).

I understood the 99999983 was sold w/ some kind of kit incl. crossover, mine (crossover) is definitely the original.

Part no. MG1001 thru MG Cycle (mistral) is different to mine, one way to tell is the lack of shine in mistral, would also guess it's (mistral) a little bit wider in diam.

Stick to my theory for the time being, Guzzi optional aluminum-mufflers that got discontinued for whatever reason... eh...

Post #12 and post #37 (this very thread) talk about 99999983's, which (I think) mine are w/

As I understand it Mistral made the Guzzi option mufflers.

I have a set on the wife's V11. They are Mistrals in all ways I can tell except they do not have the Mistral logo on them. All they say is Offroad Use Only.

Gooze - those cans look almost exactly like the ones on my 2000. I purchased them from my original dealer in May 2002 and the part # on the invoice is 99999983 described as "V11 Performance muffler" - I understand they are made by Mistral, aluminium and came with a plate that said (per Guzzimoto) "for offroad use only" which I had removed and replaced with a custom plate. They slip onto stock crossover.

The big difference is the shine so I am assuming yours have been polished.

Thanks, Gio, I think so too as everything you say matches... the polish, the timing (yr 2002 install), part no, and the fact that the crossover (of mine) is still stock.

These mufflers also hang just a hair lower and slightly more outwards compared to mistrals (of their today's offerings) and many others I've seen, actually more or less the same to your description, thanks again, the problem (I think) solved!