EXACT exhaust options...

v50man

Well, there is  a difference, since titanium is stronger & lighter than aluminum, & more importantly for exhaust cans, less reactive with hot exhaust gases. This last feature would be rather irrelevant for (stock) cans with built-in cats, since any nitric oxides [acid precursors] would have already been reacted away. But since no manufacturer is likely to risk having their exhaust cans rot out from the inside & be forced to mount a recall, I think we can safely look forward to continued oem use of heavy, boring stainless steel...

;)

45946[/snapback]

Skeeve --

I'm aware of the properties of both aluminum and titanium. All I said was that I haven't noticed a difference in the SOUND of the two.

All things being equal, I'd go for the Titanium, but the cost difference is substantial.

Was not aware, however, that titanium is less reactive with hot exhaust gasses. Interesting.

Thanks for the info.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... you'd better watch out or someone may take you out  :P

bluesniper.jpg

20050217-sniper.jpg

http://www.tomshardware.com/hardnews/20050217_180417.html

http://www6.tomshardware.com/business/2004.../defcon-05.html

45866[/snapback]

From Tom's – " Flexilis, a wireless think tank,... "

So that's your next ploy Al? You fancy moving up to a wireless think tank? What's the capacity? Does the pump fit internally? Does it suffer less from reverse suction double inlet-outlet vortex effect? Does it still have a 'secret reserve' in the right side or have they mastered that problem?

We look forward to further blow by blow reports when you fit it. :rolleyes:

"Nitromors?" Not familiar with this product/brand name... Nitromors is UK slang for plastic explosive? ;) ] :bike:

45948[/snapback]

You got it (nearly). Strips doors quicker than you can say, "a soft winds blows off Lake Como, must hang out the washing".

Well I think I've made up my mind on the exhaust issue the Round Ti's from Mistral and the PCIII, next year I'll get the Crossover. can't see paying the price for ovals when there is no real difference/gain just more muffler to get in the way unless you like the look but I'll have to wait until after we get done with the trying to qualify for a house loan AND the wife lets me. :angry:

oh well thats married life I suppose :huh2:

:mg:

Well I think I've made up my mind on the exhaust issue the Round Ti's from Mistral and the PCIII, next year I'll get the Crossover. can't see paying the price for ovals when there is no real difference/gain just more muffler to get in the way unless you like the look but I'll have to wait until after we get done with the trying to qualify for a house loan AND the wife lets me.  :angry:

oh well thats married life I suppose  :huh2:

:mg:

45966[/snapback]

Glad you've made a decision -- i have not.

Is it of interest to anybody else that only Moto Guzzi distinguishes between the 160 rear tire and 180 rear tire when fitting pipes? It is to me...

Anyway, give us a report and a SOUND FILE when you're through.

When's that rally?  Also, I've got a minidisc recorder and some excellent microphones that I have used for field recording that might be of use.  Can send if necessary.

Thanks.

45944[/snapback]

First Annual SoCal

“No Dam Excuses” Guzzi Rally

March 25-27, 2005

Thanks for the offer.

But I am not sure I can make it....working on my Dam Excuses...

Maybe I can buy a recorder.

I have been thinking of buying one just to cover my @ss at work, so now may be a good time.

Well I think I've made up my mind on the exhaust issue the Round Ti's ...can't see paying the price for ovals when there is no real difference/gain just more muffler to get in the way unless you like the look ...

45966[/snapback]

I thought the point to ovals was there's less pipe to get in the way? [iE: less width = more lean angle w/o grinding/touching down pipes.]

:)

For someone of my limited abilities, the cheaper cost of round vs. oval would make the decision absurdly simple. :D

[iE: less width = more lean angle w/o grinding/touching down pipes.]

46043[/snapback]

or for few more precious inches when squeezing/lane-splitting through dead-stop California traffic. :bike:

I'm not sure that I believe it, but my Ti kit, crossover, filter & bits & pieces should be in a big cardboard box somewhere between England and my front door right now. :wub:

I'll definitely believe it when I get the next credit card statement. :wacko:

I'm not sure that I believe it, but my Ti kit, crossover, filter & bits & pieces should be in a big cardboard box somewhere between England and my front door right now. :wub: ...

Postman came past my house few minutes ago. Yeh He had a big cardboard box. Could be your stuff.

KB :sun:

Postman came past my house few minutes ago. Yeh He had a big cardboard box. Could be your stuff.

KB :sun:

46173[/snapback]

:xmas:

In the post which started this forum, I asked about the "race" version of the Quat-D/G&B system.

There's been some discussion about the system, but nobody has mentioned where to purchase it and what the cost is.

I'm asking because I'm increasingly intrigued by DLaing's posts about his Quat-D. Having recently ridden a Buell XB12R with the "race" exhaust, I'm beginning to understand what he's saying.

There is not a "race" option on Quat-D's website. Where is it -- and how much?

Thanks

or for few more precious inches when squeezing/lane-splitting through dead-stop California traffic.  :bike:

46054[/snapback]

If your pipes are your squeeze limiter, boy are you in trouble!

When lanesplitting, if anything is wider than your handlebars/mirrors, you're going to find yourself wedging your bike into a spot where you DON'T wanna be! :o

:doh:

Brrrr, I get cold just thinking about it... :bbblll:

In the post which started this forum, I asked about the "race" version of the Quat-D/G&B system.

There's been some discussion about the system, but nobody has mentioned where to purchase it and what the cost is.

I'm asking because I'm increasingly intrigued by DLaing's posts about his Quat-D.  Having recently ridden a Buell XB12R with the "race" exhaust, I'm beginning to understand what he's saying.

There is not a "race" option on Quat-D's website.  Where is it -- and how much?

Thanks

46311[/snapback]

You could try contacting Arnold Barnhardt (spelling???) at Ghezzi Brian North America

His address is on one of my old posts re quat-d

You could also email:

gheb.info

at

ghezzi-brian.com

email address modified to FOOL the spammeisters.