Corbin Seat for 03 V11

v50man

Gents --

Ordered a Corbin seat for the V11 (03 Naked) about a month ago. It came in and doesn't even come close to fitting.

So, AFTER I receive the seat I delve into the FAQ section and there's Al's posting on the Corbin. :homer:

Anyway, I don't want my money back -- I want a Corbin that will fit a late model V11. If anyone's near Hollister with a late model bike, they'll probably build you a free one just to get the basepan mold right and get me off their ass!

The shape and feel of the Corbin is EXACTLY what I'm looking for. Somebody go to Hollister -- PLEASE!

v50

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of mirrors do you have there? Are those Rizoma's?

49571[/snapback]

Yup. Rizoma "Reverse" mirors. They sent me a pair of the bare aluminum for free until they can get the black ones in from Italy (been waiting 4 months!). I'm trying to completely "black out" the bike (will ceramic coat flat black the Quat-D when headers arrive).

Yup.  Rizoma "Reverse" mirors.  They sent me a pair of the bare aluminum for free until they can get the black ones in from Italy (been waiting 4 months!).  I'm trying to completely "black out" the bike (will ceramic coat flat black the Quat-D when headers arrive).

49573[/snapback]

Those look pretty cool :!: I just got a pair of Rizoma "Invidias" on ebay for $130. I wanted the polished aluminum 851's but the Invidia's were "buy it now" at $130 & I couldnt pass it by. I'll post a photo of them on my bike when I get them, should be early this week.

Could you go in with a dremel tool and cut our some slots to help it fit? or is this impossible? I would think with some minor modifications you would maker work, Or get a nice all black Rich Maund seat :thumbsup: I likes em better than the corbins but I've never road on the corbins long enough to break'em in(had 2) <_ . my ass hurts too much to get that far and i change them out sold one for the v11 a guy up on iron range who has tenni god how rare is thats like copa rare. src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_knownothing.gif" alt=":huh2:">

Could you go in with a dremel tool and cut our some slots to help it fit? or is this impossible? I would think with some minor modifications you would maker work, Or get a nice all black Rich Maund seat  :thumbsup: I likes em better than the corbins but I've never road on the corbins long enough to break'em in(had 2). My ass hurts too much to get that far and I change them out.  :glare:

49580[/snapback]

It sits so high that the bumpers would have to be eliminated. Plus, the relays are WAY too tall. To carve out enough space for them to fit would destroy the structural integrity of the seat.

Per Rich Maund, I'd love to go that way but I want to keep my stock seat -- and by the time you buy a new seat from Guzzi and add Rich's fees, you're talking 'bout some serious $. Plus, I really like the cut of Corbin.

It sits so high that the bumpers would have to be eliminated.  Plus, the relays are WAY too tall.  To carve out enough space for them to fit would destroy the structural integrity of the seat.

Per Rich Maund, I'd love to go that way but I want to keep my stock seat -- and by the time you buy a new seat from Guzzi and add Rich's fees, you're talking 'bout some serious $.  Plus, I really like the cut of Corbin.

49582[/snapback]

I hear you could you get lower or remount the relay box? and then just move or eliminate the bumpers? I'm just trying to brain storm I can't see how its so completely diff from the same model bikes of a year previous. I guess they did do some improvements but still. I'm baffeled like a lafironci.

I hear you could you get lower or remount the relay box? and then just move or eliminate the bumpers? I'm just trying to brain storm I can't see how its so completely diff from the same model bikes of a year previous. I guess they did do some improvements but still. I'm baffeled like a lafironci.

49584[/snapback]

I suppose I could wangle around with it, but then they might not take the seat back (altered). I feel this is Corbin's problem and that THEY should make it right. Unreasonable?

I suppose I could wangle around with it, but then they might not take the seat back (altered).  I feel this is Corbin's problem and that THEY should make it right.  Unreasonable?

49585[/snapback]

No no I totally agree they should fine a way to make one pan to fit all. I bet its possible. and if its not stop making the older model pan and only make the new. Makes more sence to me.

And, oh, if anybody doubts that the "blacked out" exhaust will be aesthically pleasing, have a look at the Centauro with black Bub Bad Dogs and black Napoleons.

The V11 is such a better bike, however, that I recently sold the Centauro to a collector who will probably just look at the bike -- like I did. Always wound up riding the Ducati because the Centauro (which I personally feel is the most beautiful Moto Guzzi ever) was too long, too heavy, and just not a lot of fun to ride in an urban environment. However, it was the most VISCERAL motorcycle I've ever been on -- period.

centauro.jpg

Guest rrbasso

I went down there last yeair and they made me a seat while I waited, it turned out great but they had to do a lot of work to it while i was there, I suggested they take notes or made a seckond seat pan for a templet for other people but they semed not intrested at all ! Sorry I did try to help for the good of all Guzzi riders. :helmet:

Guest rrbasso

My 03 does not have the front crossover so i dont know if its the early or late ? but if you need send the seat back and i will ride down there and let them fit it to my bike would that help ? :race:

My 03 does not have the front crossover so i dont know if its the early or late ? but if you need send the seat back and i will ride down there and let them fit it to my bike would that help ? :race:

49600[/snapback]

Tony --

That's a wonderful offer -- I might take you up on that. Mine is the later 03 w/ crossover, larger tire.

Anybody know when the underseat arrangement changed?

Again, thanks. I'd love to sort this out.

v50