Corbin Seat for 03 V11

v50man

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tony --

After looking at your pics, I noticed that the most rearward relays (2 of them) were shorter.

As you'll see inb this photograph, the relays on my bike actually protrude BEYOND the tailpiece toward the front of the bike. Is this true on yours? I couldn't tell from your pics.

nuthervu.jpg

Everything else looks identical.

Guest rrbasso

OK look at theys pics, I put some wether stipping on, but on the two most forward relays do in fact go above the tail pice plastick, if you take a stright edge from the tail pice plastick to the tip of the most forward relay it is 3/16 higher, I think when I was at Corban they did a little scout for this but I cant be sure, I do know that my seat does not hit, I have checket it out after leaving Corban ? So what do you think ? I am going to check out my parts book to see if there is a differant seat part number in 03, in my mind this looks like your bike and mine would take the same seat ? :helmet:

post-1207-1114379226_thumb.jpg

Tony --

The basepan is the same, that's for sure. Your relays don't seem to stick out quite so far.

What gets me is that the second to last set of rubber bumpers (going toward the tail) are WAY too big and -- when resting on them -- the seat only clears the tallest relays by a c**t hair. Were the bumpers removed, the relays would get squished in order to "seat" the saddle.

The more I try to understand this, the more confused I become.

Your assistance, however, is GREATLY appreciated.

v50

:huh2:

This is starting to make my head hurt, what is the next step???? :homer:

49649[/snapback]

I'll talk to Andy at Corbin tomorrow -- get some answers -- and advise as to what I'm going to do.

Again, thanks for all your help, Tony. I truly appreciate it.

v50

:bier:

It looks like to me that your Fuses and relays are mounted too high. and if thats it. I can't see it being all too hard to lower them. but maybe it is. I'll take a pic of mine tomorrow OR someone else might have one throw it up of an older spec bike.

Just got a call from Andy @ Corbin. He was suggesting that I take a few measurements -- put a few markings on the baseban -- and send it back to them for reconfiguration.

Told him that -- if OK with him -- I'd like to take a shot first -- removing the problem bumpers and perhaps looking at various ways to lower the relays.

He was cool with that -- I could still return the seat if I'm unable to make it work.

We'll see...

Follow-up...

I'm tracing where the seat "hits" and marking the botom of the seat pan and sending it back to Corbin for modification.

I'll PM Tony if they feel it's helpful to fit to an actual bike.

What a pain in the ass -- but at least I haven't found Corbin to be as arrogant as some of you have.

Not yet...

v50

Guest burke
In this photo, the rubber bumbers are sitting on the frame.  WAAAAY off in the fitment dept.

post-1553-1114356097_thumb.jpg

49570[/snapback]

Where did you get the guzzi tank pad? I have been looking for one of those.

Burke