Corbin Seat for 03 V11

v50man

..... am truly sorry to hear about your Corbin experience, but to "pull a Ben".... told ya so, them FAQs are useful after all :P

No honestly, I am sorry you found out the hard way :(

So, I think most of the replies have covered what happened, etc.... and yes, I think Corbin just doesn't seem to care, as the volume is too low. When they made mine in 2002, they had to customize it quite a bit to get it to work, and both myself and a few others have offered to go back to Hollister so they could make a new seat pan.

So here's the good news... potentially. If you aren't in a HUGE hurry, my Corbin *may* come available in a month or two. It depends.

Once my bike is back from the shop, I'm going to test my Corbin back-to-back with the Rich Maund I have, and then choose which one to keep. I suspect I already know which one I will prefer :whistle:

So, if you don't find a solution in the next couple months, keep an eye out on the forum and I'll give you first crack if I do sell the Corbin... one that should fit a 2002+ bike just fine.

al

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And, oh, if anybody doubts that the "blacked out" exhaust will be aesthically pleasing,

That should look nice.

In my opinion, the only part that should not be blacked out is the beautiful headers and or valve covers. kind a like a woman hiding her D size under a load of clothes :angry:

You may also find that the Buell smoked turn signal lenses may help you in your pursuit of darkness.

..... am truly sorry to hear about your Corbin experience, but to "pull a Ben".... told ya so, them FAQs are useful after all  :P

No honestly, I am sorry you found out the hard way  :(

So, I think most of the replies have covered what happened, etc.... and yes, I think Corbin just doesn't seem to care, as the volume is too low.  When they made mine in 2002, they had to customize it quite a bit to get it to work, and both myself and a few others have offered to go back to Hollister so they could make a new seat pan.

So here's the good news... potentially.  If you aren't in a HUGE hurry, my Corbin *may* come available in a month or two.  It depends.

Once my bike is back from the shop, I'm going to test my Corbin back-to-back with the Rich Maund I have, and then choose which one to keep.  I suspect I already know which one I will prefer  :whistle:

So, if you don't find a solution in the next couple months, keep an eye out on the forum and I'll give you first crack if I do sell the Corbin... one that should fit a 2002+ bike just fine.

al

j

49606[/snapback]

Thanks for the thought. I want to see this thing happen soon -- my ass insists upon it.

Maybe you could look at the pic I just posted and tell me if it looks familiar. If it is the same as the early 03s, I'm inclined to ship the seat back and take Tony up on his offer.

v50

....what?

It looks exactly like the inside of my bike's tail  :huh2:

al

49613[/snapback]

Al --

What I should have said is -- does it look significantly different from other 02s and 03s.

Sorry to confuse.

Guest bushpilot
I suppose I could wangle around with it, but then they might not take the seat back (altered).  I feel this is Corbin's problem and that THEY should make it right.  Unreasonable?

49585[/snapback]

I would agree its a corbin problem but GOOD luck w/ them...real pricks in

my experiance....the colored pipe-ing is not as it was represented...and they

basically told me to get screwed....or send it back and theyd change

it and charge me for a complete seat again.

on my zrx i experianced a sim. problem....one product no choice no

preview other than the pictures in the catalog (even though i was in

their store in daytona) and if it didnt fit or i didnt like it TOUGH SHIT, they

even suggested that if i didnt like its looks or feel "maybe i could sell

it on ebay" !

I would agree its a corbin problem but GOOD luck w/ them...real pricks in

my experiance....the colored pipe-ing is not as it was represented...and they

basically told me to get screwed....or send it back and theyd change

it and charge me for a complete seat again.

on my zrx i experianced a sim. problem....one product no choice no

preview other than the pictures in the catalog (even though i was in

their store in daytona) and if it didnt fit or i didnt like it TOUGH SHIT, they

even suggested that if i didnt like its looks or feel "maybe i could sell

it on ebay" !

49620[/snapback]

I might just email the fine folks at Corbin this thread. Whaddaya think?

Guest bushpilot
I might just email the fine folks at Corbin this thread.  Whaddaya think?

49621[/snapback]

go for it...wanna bet they dont give a rats ass ???

they can email me or send me a message...ill be happy to

tell 'em my story 1st hand....and i know plenty more that

have like experiances.

id venture to say its why the folks like sargent & rich gets

most of the business they do get...customer service & word of

mouth...it cant be beat for advertising !

I know this doesn't help with your problem but I had a similar experience with Corbin on a Ducati 907ie some years ago. First seat didn't fit, so I returned it and got a second seat that didn't fit either. I had little recourse but to partially remove the covering, carefully mark the seat pan overlap up front, then reshape with a drill powered circular file. After recovering all fit well no thanks to Corbin's efforts. I can't "unrecommend" them enough. The other issue with their seats when they provide the pan is they are extremely heavy due to the overthick fiberglass construction.

I'm pretty sure you will want to make sure it is an o3+ with the crossover and larger tire to be safe that it is truly like all the newer ones. You may have an o3 spec o2.

49626[/snapback]

As Wonka would say ..... stop, reverse that.

02 Spec, sold as an 03 ;)

BTW, the 02 has the wider tire as well. The narrower 4.5" rims were on the 00 and 01 bikes. 02 spec bikes got the reinforced frame, lengthened frame, wider tire, and fuzzy black engine paint.

:D

Yeah, Corbin pretty much lost its luster with me after having owned the seat for a while(and it is still not "broken in"), and hearing about everyone else's experiences with them. They actually treated me quite well, and I think they treat the folks that show up personally in Hollister a bit better, but overall... I'm disappointed in what I've heard.

al