Rizoma Invidia Mirrors

richard100t

I got a pair of Rizoma's for my bike yesterday. They look really cool, but beware! The mirrors are so small that they may not even be safe :unsure: I rounded the allen head on the right hand mirror clamp :homer: You have to take the clamp off the bike then put the mirror on the clamp, then reattach the clamp to the bike. As soon as I get the right side mirror on the bike I'll post some pics. :pic: Gawd forbid I cant get that allen screw out :!: I'd have to remove the windscreen & maybe the brake fluid reservoir to get that mirror on. Oh well the weather sucks here anyway so I'm carbound for a while.

The mirrors are SMALL -- and FLAT.

Unsafe? Perhaps, but I always turn my head (NEVER trusting mirrors), and these Rizomas make sure I do.

Good luck -- can't wait to see a pic.

v50

I put the right hand mirror on today! I couldnt get that allen head screw out on the clamp so I took off the windscreen & brake fluid reservoir. If I had known it were so easy I'd have done it that way the first time. I'll post the photos soon. The new mirrors blend right in with the bikes lines...theyre invisible from the side view. From the front they look pretty cool though. Oh well I'll have pics maybe tomorrow.

I kinda like the Mirrors I have to admit not really my cup of Tea but you Have to lose that silly tank pad and get something respectalble.  :grin:

49974[/snapback]

Its just as good as gone Ben. Actually the thing is starting to come off on its own. I'll have to find a cool one to buy (any suggestions anyone?)

sweet mirrors, but don't think they would look good on mine without a flyscreen. I like a lower profile mirror (none if I could) on the naked.

Ben, what tank pad do you have on your 2000 sport? Only other alternative I know of is the ever-elusive carbon fiber, there are many threads on it but most say no one can find them. If I do find one and it costs close to half of what a 03+ OEM "pad-free" tank/pump setup is.....well...I think you know which way I'd go....but not sure if I've ever seen a new tank in guzzi green.

sweet mirrors, but don't think they would look good on mine without a flyscreen.  I like a lower profile mirror (none if I could) on the naked. 

Ben, what tank pad do you have on your 2000 sport?  Only other alternative I know of is the ever-elusive carbon fiber, there are many threads on it but most say no one can find them.  If I do find one and it costs close to half of what a 03+ OEM "pad-free" tank/pump setup is.....well...I think you know which way I'd go....but not sure if I've ever seen a new tank in guzzi green.

49979[/snapback]

I don't think he meant the big puffy "chin pad" on the 00-02 bikes, but the "buckle guard" pad...

:P

al

sweet mirrors, but don't think they would look good on mine without a flyscreen.  I like a lower profile mirror (none if I could) on the naked. 

49979[/snapback]

I agree with you that no mirrors at all make the bike look much better. However I think the law requires them here in Ohio, or at least one mirror anyway. Still these mirrors hardly vibrate wich is a huge improvement. I wanted the circuit 851's but I got a great deal on these.

:homer:   I retract my pontification (but am leaving the post in case someone has a carbon chin pad for sale, ha ha)  :)

49981[/snapback]

OH no no no nono I got first dibs on a Carbon chin pad from a previous thread I started asking about'em Unless you beat me to it :angry: , I called they are $400 large <_ i about shat myself also tank pad hows this one cost me uh think know there is some place out that sells carbon fiber ones but almost went with a clear b4 the dealer whipped thing said why not src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_knownothing.gif" alt=":huh2:">

:mg:

I took the bar-end napoleans, but couldnt mount them easily to the throttlemiesters. so went to work on them with the dremel and mounted them with lock nut through the clutch/brake lever holes. got the idea from someone on this forum. I was surprised that they don't vibrate at all even at highway speeds. And are adjustable to multiple positions so you can keep them very low profile if you like...or even rotate them so that they sit below the clip-ons (a little harder to see but it looks cool).

OH no no no nono I got first dibs on a Carbon chin pad from a previous thread...

49985[/snapback]

ha ha! I saw your thread...and had hoped that we could have had a source for them so that we can all get rid of the pleather. Is there still a distributer for them or is the $400 one the one and only. for $400 I would definitely say screw it and go forth with the newer tank and fuel upgrades (got it priced out at $1253 for everything). not as lucky as Al in finding a salvage.

I hear that but I don't see that as a great fix either because as Al has stated and I don't doubt it- The Newer tanks might not fit at all. :glare: So All I know about the CF chin pad is that Unless I find a salvage of that rare part then my dealer (motoprimo) Can place an order that may not be filled indefinetly :angry: So Again if anyone has a good hand with CF or know where someone could get some Fabricated CF parts produced for less than $4bills, I'd be willing to listen. I mean $4benjamins I'd rather get the New Guzzi 'Breva' helmet its sweetness on a stick. And live with the pleather and throw on some UV lotion. :thumbsup: