black exhaust paint

I've had tremendous luck ceramic coating exhaust pipies in flat/satin black.

BBQ Black paint won't last.

Relatively cheap -- usually well under $150 US.

Guest ckamin

I had Jet Hot ceramic coat my header pipes and Stucchi x-over (satin/flat black). Very happy with the look and it was about $150. You must be careful during installation because common tools will easily scratch the coating. I assume HPC would be comparable.

I wish they looked exactly like they do now without the Blueing, Thats all I would want. polished and black doesn't look too great to me Tho I like black better than crome on these bikes.

49991[/snapback]

Yeah, it's too bad you can't hard anodize cast aluminum. That'd be cool: anodized red cases to match the Teleo Rosso frame & phosphor green paint color scheme! :P:

Has anyone tired the interior anti-bluing treatments that are popular with the H-D crowd? Or are those threat only for the chrome pipes. I can remeber the brand names but if I recall they were supposed to work relatively well.

in response to DeBenGuzzi...

Blue downpipes are a badge of honour - they prove that you've used the bike for what it was intended!

I've had some reasonable success cleaning my Scura downpipes by using Solvol Autosol (but I expect that any mildly abrasive metal cleaner will do) - put some on a long thin cloth, pass the cloth around the pipe and pull it back and forth - the pipes recover to a pleasing satin steel colour, but the blue remains.

Robin

After consideration and statements on this site I will agree Well Blued pipes on an appropriate bike are a badge of honor. On a Chromed out show off peice they are a sin, A Sin I tell you! So I will live with my blue and goldish color(colour in uk :lol: ) pipes until they fall off and I need new ones. :thumbsup:

The pipes on my bike are blueish on their upper part were it joins the cylinders, as long as I recall on various diff. photos that I have, is that what it is with the pipes being blue?

I like the metal look on the pipes it doesn't choke off the look of the material