Another MGS01 on eBay

callison

in response to aironepony...

Yes - I have an MGS01 Corsa which is registered and street legal. I've fitted rear reflector, stop light and horn, and mirrors - I might put tiny indicators on in due course. It also needed a mounting for the registration plate - my chum is manufacturing one, but I'm trying to get one from a Benelli Tornado - that bike's rear end is very similar to the Corsa, so it should be able to be fitted with little problem. Also fitted a V11 sidestand, which required a bit of work on the belly pan, but it looks good and works perfectly. All this work was done by a friendly Guzzi expert here in theUK - I just stumped up the cash!

I also bought a second set of Oz wheels (the same as the original ones) with street tyres and Brembo discs fitted - all that I need to do to track it is swap out the wheels and he's ready to go.

Can't comment on how you would go about getting a Corsa street legal elsewhere - obviously laws are different in each country.

I've only had a short ride on him so far, but first impressions are that it is definitely a track bike - the ride on ordinary roads is very hard - every bump and ripple is transmitted up through the seat and bars. The ride position is very heavy on the wrists, so most riding will be done on fast roads so that wind resistance takes some of the weight off my wrists.

All my bikes have names - the Scura is Lucia, and the Cali is Marilyn - but this is the first male - called him Akira - a poke of fun at the Japanese bike cartoon!

Robin

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in response to Paul Minnaert...

You won't like this reply, but you asked so I'll tell you - a pair of MGS01 Corsa Oz wheels, with road tyres and Brembo Goldline discs fitted set me back £3,700 - but hey, it's only money - damn the expense - give the cat another goldfish!!!

Robin

in response to Paul Minnaert...

Think you applied the Euro/Pound conversion the wrong way - £3,700 is about 5,200 Euros at an exchange of 1 Euro = £0.70 - a tidy investment and one which goes some way to explaining my marital status of divorced!

Robin

robin, I have been thinking if I did it the right way:-) But since the euro, I lost the feeling for it. So spending euro's as if they were guilders, which they aren't , they are more then 2 times the value.

But at that money they are expensive. A lot more then PVM. They go for 2300 euro.

Seriously thinking of doing the Folly day at Cadwell- have been there a couple of times, but not yet on my V11 and not since they changed the bit before the Mountain, so I quite fancy that.

Also thinking about Mallory- will depend if I can get the day off. Did you see they had 52 crashes there in total over the BSB weekend?

Will you be going to either of these KB?

Guy :helmet: