Another MGS01 on eBay

callison

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not unless I win the Lottery First, Do you think they'll make any Aftermarket parts for this bike??  :lol:  :huh2:

50084[/snapback]

Aftermarket parts? You mean like tires and gas?...

Aftermarket parts? hardbags and luggagerack? trottlemeister and raised handlebars?

More usefull would be the first to drop the bike so someone can make molds for light fairing and tank/tail.

And for racing it's nice to have a second set of wheels, to do a easy swap with rain tyres. But I suppose that they can be ordered as spare part.

Aftermarket parts? handbags and gladrags?

50091[/snapback]

er, can I be the first one to ask...

is there a fender extender that fits?

Can someone say to me what exactly are the nymonic valves. I am mechanically dump ...LOL . I think they don't need to be adjusted every now and then,right?.

50096[/snapback]

I think they spelled it incorrectly, and should be nimonic.

Anyway, it's just a different alloy, with Nickle I believe, that is highly heat resistant.

al

... an excerpt from a valve manufacturer:

214N (349S52)

About 1960 a new steel, 214N was developed. This steel retains its hardness even up to temperatures of 800 Deg. C and possesses excellent rupture strength under high temperature conditions combined with good creep and impact values, The high Chromium content gives good scaling resistance, and has greater corrosion resistance against Chlorine although is still not immune to sulphurous attack.

This material has the same properties as 214N (349S52) but with addition of Ta (Tantalum), Nb (Niobium) and W (Tungsten). This gives it greater elongational properties, improved tensile, yield and creep strength.

Note: This material is available in stem sizes of (7.44mm - 9/32") or less. 

Nimonic 80A

Nimonic 80A has an increased operating temperature over 214N and higher corrosion resistance.

.... and I will once again say that I am sooooo glad that this bike does nothing for me, as I don't need the temptation   :P

It's very liberating  :bike:

Thanks for the info. Strongest Steel I know is the M-2,(O.K gimme a break and the ZDP-189,CPM 15V,COWRY-X and COWRY-Y beat the RC scale well) anyway was nice knowing fir the Nymonic thing

Isn't titanium a better choice for valves? I think is super strong, anticorrosive as Gold (or so) and light as feather (well for a metal)

More usefull would be the first to drop the bike so someone can make molds for light fairing and tank/tail.

And for racing it's nice to have a second set of wheels, to do a easy swap with rain tyres. But I suppose that they can be ordered as spare part.

50091[/snapback]

Knowing my past history with limited production bikes it will be me. I'mm thinking of getting bodywork and footpegs done soon.

Guest aironepony

Has someone in the UK got one of these on the road (legally)? Seem to have read something about it........it would be nice to know what they had to do to get it registered and MOT'd etc.........

What about after market bar end weights with leather tassles and a nice embossed leather tool roll to hang on the sissy bar?................. :thumbsup:

Pullbacks and forward controls. A must to impress the Harley Davidson crowd. Wait a minute, you can't impress that crowd that easily. Okay, add some straight pipes to the mix. Never mind that the horsepower will go down...