Sunday morning ride

richard100t

I took the bike out for a little fun this morning. Since I had the tb's adjusted & the fi looked at by Jason at Speakers Cycles the other day the bike runs great. I had the bike running from 80mph to about 125 & man it pulls like a freight train in that rev range :!: 2500 miles on the odometer & it just keeps getting better. :mg::race: Now if I can just get my hands on a set of mistrals... :rasta:

125? I hope to be able to get there SOME day I'm a wuss and if I got caught doing that I could lose my license And my Job. thats not good.  :moon:

50154[/snapback]

I've had it up to about 144 going downhill Ben :race: If you make your living by driving, of course you shouldnt do that. But if you do heres your sign lol :stupid:

Get a GPS and find out how optimistic your speedometer is at 125 mph. I think you will find it to be around 110 mph.

50158[/snapback]

Your probably right, but I dont wanna know lol I prefer to think I'm really speeding :!:

Your probably right, but I dont wanna know lol I prefer to think I'm really speeding :!:

50160[/snapback]

You probably did a nice solid 137-139 mph. Nothing to be ashamed of.

what is so surprising ?

A guzzi could go much faster !

Miss Dayto was able to take a 260 km / h (162 mph) on the tacho that surely could make more than a real 240 km/h so about 150 mph.

Bu what is interesting with the guzzi is the torque :food:

Guest Dave Pott

I don't know how accurate my speedo is at higher speeds but I did pace the Ballabio a few months ago with our Ford F150 truck and 60 mph/ 70 mph/ 80 mph were all spot on with the Ford(how accurate that speedo is...?)

That being said, on a nice long, flat & straight section of road in the California desert this last saturday...... 7000 rpm in 6th gear = 130 mph on the Ballabio speedo :thumbsup:

I think she certainly had more in her....it's just that I didn't :blush:

....if I got caught doing that I could lose my license And my Job...

Trackdays - You can go fast as u like. you get loads of tracktime, it doesn't have to be competetive & everyone should be going in the same direction so no oncoming.

KB :sun:

The only problem with that is I will have to look into track days they are rare around here. There are only 2 tracks I know about that do 'track days' and only one worth riding on its in Brainerd 2 hours away, all the rest are much to small and just a circle(I think brainerd is a circle too but its bigger) so not very exciting riding in these parts. :moon:

I don't know how accurate my speedo is at higher speeds but I did pace the Ballabio a few months ago with our Ford F150 truck and  60 mph/ 70 mph/ 80 mph were all spot on with the Ford(how accurate that speedo is...?)

That being said,  on a nice long, flat & straight section of road in the California desert this last saturday...... 7000 rpm in 6th gear = 130 mph  on the Ballabio speedo :thumbsup:

I think she certainly had more in her....it's just that I didn't :blush:

50257[/snapback]

I have twice chickened out (or got my brains back :D ) at c.126 (indicated), Dave. Same sensation of more to go, but concerns about LEO and my gluteus maximus gave me pause. I have done that twice now on same long straight and smooth stretch of road in a valley (Alabama SR 46 en route to Cheaha Mountain). It has a long downhill entry and almost no intersections or even driveways on this section of otherwise rocking and rolling pavement, and great visibility after and before some seriously compartmented countryside. I always recon it once for road hazards (and hidden bluetops) before an adrenalin run, and in both of these had a ride-ahead buddy on his ST 1300 giving me "all clear" signals.

As for indicated v. real, I, too, have checked my speedos. In additon to pacing others, I have also used one of those radar trailers with displayed speeds, once even with a cop's "permission" at 60 in a 45! :huh2: My EV does about 28 at an indicated 30; the Ballabio 30 at 30. The EV does 54 at an indicated 60; the Ballabio 59 at 60. Had the EV to an indicated 115+ once, tho, to be truthful, it was also downhill with a tailwind, and my attention was not riveted on the speedo! It was wound pretty tight (and so was I). The Ballabio had more in it at 126; I didn't.

I do want to take it to a track day, tho I might find out more truth about myself than I want to know. :whistle:

I did 155mph(indicated, probably closer to 140) on my FJ1200 some years back, on Hwy 50(The Lonliest Road on Earth) across Nevada.... but don't think I'll ever do that again. We also covered 80 miles in 40 minutes, down a mountain, across the valley, and back up the mountain. You do the math on "average" speed :wacko:

It was a "special" time in my life, where I was going through some personal issues, and I was doing lots of things that probably weren't advisable :rolleyes:

Looking back, it was insanely unsafe and stupid. If anything had happened, blown tire, debris in the road, a VEHICLE in the road, a random animal darting, or just some ill-timed wind.... Al would be dead right now. Simple. Stupid :unsure:

...not to mention who else I could have injured in the process.

So, yeah, I rarely get up around even 100 these days, and can't remember the last time I was over 80mph honestly. I enjoy slower and more technical riding than straight line speed anymore. Sometimes I like to just tool around and take in the sights. It doesn't really take much skill to twist the go-fast handle and hold on :P

From what I've heard, due to gearing, in ideal conditions our stock V11 will normally do about 140ish max..... which may not be the 180ish of some of the fastest superbikes, but is pretty damned fast if you think about it :bike:

al

Guest Dave Pott
Looking back, it was insanely unsafe and stupid. If anything had happened, blown tire, debris in the road, a VEHICLE in the road, a random animal darting, or just some ill-timed wind

Damn! That's almost verbatim to what my wife said when I bragged to her about it :( Of course, Al wasn't able to convey the shrieking part :wacko:

Actually, I've never really had a "Need for Speed". I am, however, completely ADDICTED to the curvy technical stuff. I mean, really, it is like a childhood infatuation :wub: .... like it is on my mind ALL the time!

Thank God that I live where I do :bier:

Damn!  That's almost verbatim to what my wife said when I bragged to her about it :(  Of course, Al wasn't able to convey the shrieking part :wacko:

Actually, I've never really had a  "Need for Speed".  I am, however, completely ADDICTED to the curvy technical stuff.  I mean, really, it is like a childhood infatuation :wub: .... like it is on my mind ALL the time!

Thank God that I live where I do :bier:

50308[/snapback]

;) Too bad I live where I do :(

So far, I am a 110 mph chicken. That seems to be about my limit these days in both car and bike. Now 10 years ago on the Kawi 1000R Ninja was a different story.

Same speed but I was younger. Well thats different.