my first steps...

bento

well, i managed to score a set of bub pipes for my sport. if i have the story right, bub stopped making them. on thier site they were listed around 625, i'll be getting mine for 500(american dollars). so this fall, it'll be the k & n pods and the power commander.

and my bike will finally be breathing right!

so how loud are these things?

i hope that means "somewhere between muzzy and d & d"

edit: also, i'm using the hepco becker bag kit now. does anyone know if there are compatability issues?

Bento

Dunno about the bags.. but. Let me know how the Bubs fit. I gather these are the ones that were sold for either the Centauro or the 1100 Sport? I think RacerX referred to them as "NASCAR loud"..

I have the Staintunes on my V11.. But I do love the sound of LOUD.. If the Bubs fit your V11 it may be something for me to consider.

Cheers, Tim

i can't find it now, but a couple days ago i came across a web page of a guy putting the bubs on his sport. the way he said it they all but jumped onto the bike.

if nothing else, i should have them by friday, and on saturday night.

here's a link to the ebay auction. as far as i know he's got 4 sets left.

bubs on ebay

so how loud are these things?

50409[/snapback]

...incredibly loud, like NASCAR loud some have described, while others described as "HD straight pipes". If you like that sort of thing, you'll like 'em :huh2:

BTW, the Bubs weren't designed to fit the V11 Sport per se, but the Sport1100. They were never made for the V11 Sport specifically AFAIK.

There is a subtle difference between the bikes such that you'll probably have to do some bending, and I've heard even "dent" the inside of one of the megaphones(don't recall which side) so that it won't hit the swingarm on the V11 Sport.

The one set I saw on a V11 Sport were a very very tight fit, and the right? megaphone was hitting/rubbing the swingarm.

...but they do look neat :bike: Get some earplugs :P

al

i actually saw something you typed on another forum.

"One note though, on this bike, the right exhaust megaphone clearly hits the plastic cover on the swingarm. I might clear if the cover/hugger were removed, or if some washers, or just brute force bending, were used to increase clearance a bit."

i'll have to go take a good look at my bike and try and figure out what your looking at there.

...but they do look neat 

50420[/snapback]

Is there a picture of these?

They're not THAT loud. Really, they sound good -- but not obnoxious.

You'd think they'd take something off the bottom-end performance, but such was not the case. The big, fat Centauro would execute a (small) wheelie when cracked open in first after the Bubs.

There are, by the way, steel baffles in these pipes.

Guest philbo
Bento

Dunno about the bags..  but.  Let me know how the Bubs fit.  I gather these are the ones that were sold for either the Centauro or the 1100 Sport?    I think RacerX referred to them as "NASCAR loud"..

I have the Staintunes on my V11..  But I do love the sound of LOUD..  If the Bubs fit your V11 it may be something for me to consider.

Cheers, Tim

50414[/snapback]

Quick question - I just ordered the Staintunes for my 04 LeMans and I guess they come with a removable baffle of some description - how much louder are they without baffles and does it make a lot of difference with the PC-III mapping? I'm just wondering whether or not to get the map built without the baffles in.

Thanks

Phil

Philbo

I didn't remap.. I have the FBF lidless box, and the Staintunes w/ baffles out and just run stock ECU. The shop did tweak the mixture a bit, but it runs ok and the plugs are a good color.. At some point I will get a PCIII and tune it, but for now its just fine.

As for loud, the Staintunes are not loud. In fact I'd say they are quieter than my original drilled stock pipes. They are a deeper sound too.

The Arrow on my Tuono is FREAKIN LOUD... so I do have a point of reference for the Staintunes !!!

So I run without the baffles, and leave my house at 06:00 in the morning.. No neighbors have complained yet.

Cheers, Tim

Guest philbo
Philbo

I didn't remap..  I have the FBF lidless box, and the Staintunes w/ baffles out and just run stock ECU.    The shop did tweak the mixture a bit, but it runs ok and the plugs are a good color..  At some point I will get a PCIII and tune it, but for now its just fine.

As for loud, the Staintunes are not loud.  In fact I'd say they are quieter than my original drilled stock pipes.  They are a deeper sound too.   

The Arrow on my Tuono is FREAKIN LOUD...  so I do have a point of reference for the Staintunes !!!

So I run without the baffles, and leave my house at 06:00 in the morning.. No neighbors have complained yet.

Cheers, Tim

50545[/snapback]

Thanks for the input Tim. I have the FBF air box mod and the Stucchi will be in tomorrow. Now all I have to do is wait for the Staintues and get her dyno'ed. I have a sinking feeling that the Staintunes might be a few weeks out but I guess that the price you pay for riding a goose. :bike:

Cheers

Phil