Big V11 part sale on German ebay.

Alex-Corsa

Here is a V11 Motorblock

and all other sellers items V11 items (folow this link cause the .com of the previouslly english made version won't show you any items)

Well he says he sends to Europe so any European that's interested may find some bargains here.(who knows for smal items he may s well ship overseas)

Good biding. :drink:

If anyone knows what parts(at the above sellers items) of the V11 are OK (or can be fitted without a problem) on my 1100i Sport that would be a great help.

ooOOoo someone should buy the redframe and put it on thier newer bikes. or ya know just have your newer frame painted. I dunno. Must have what blown the engine and decided to part it out than sell it off? :huh2:

Who reads enough German to pick out the carapace?

and the top part of the triple clamp?

50477[/snapback]

I have FireFox and there is a translator add on. I've been looking at the translation and almost no parts of the front of the bike are listed nor bodywork (tank, seat, cowling etc.). At a guess, the front got smacked somehow. That would make the frame suspect too, but I could be wrong as well. Only a real visual inspection could determine that. Some of the parts, like the injectors, throttle bodies and framework are priced way below replacement costs, so someone here ought to snap them up pronto.

As for the Sport 1100i connection, there are a lot of parts in common, but you would have to be more specific as to which ones you're interested in as there some parts that look like they ought to fit, but won't.

does it fit on mine?Just for a spare , dunno these things breakdown?So that I should have an extra one as reserve

Well I have seen one broken on a 1100 sport, but it's the only one I know that broke. Mine lasts 11 years:-), still working.

I know the temptation to get spare parts: have a gearbox, reardrive, and 2 centauro engines:-) But smaller parts, are easy to get when they break.

One of the cafe sports that was on ebay a few weeks ago(without forks) is parted out also. That are new parts. The guy needed the gearbox for his daytona. Most v11 are parted out for the gearbox:-), still a lot of centauro/sport1100/daytona owners that want to upgrade their bike.

Front parts aren't there, but maybe he has them, just send him a message.

What is a carapace? I know a tail, seat, tank and some more parts, but what the hell is a carapace??

We should put these words in an FAQ!

I put in a bid on both sideplates ("hams") Stay away!!! :D Shipping only within Europe... -_-

50500[/snapback]

carapace= decorative pillion cover in the context of a V11. Otherwise, a carapace is the shell of a turtle.

If anyone has the L/H 'ham', I'm looking for one.

Well I have seen one broken on a 1100 sport, but it's the only one I know that broke. Mine lasts 11 years:-), still working.

I know the temptation to get spare parts: have a gearbox, reardrive, and 2 centauro engines:-) But smaller parts, are easy to get when they break.

One of the cafe sports that was on ebay a few weeks ago(without forks) is parted out also. That are new parts. The guy needed the gearbox for his daytona. Most v11 are parted out for the gearbox:-), still a lot of centauro/sport1100/daytona owners that want to upgrade their bike.

Front parts aren't there, but maybe he has them, just send him a message.

What is a carapace? I know a tail, seat, tank and some more parts, but what the hell is a carapace??

Thanks ,what about this?

Shaft drive

Does it fit ?Does this get easily damaged , I mean should try checking it's condition,but what kind of wear should it have anyway. I suppose new is better but what is the price for new if he has it already 100Eu.

Who reads enough German to pick out the carapace?

and the top part of the triple clamp?

Drop the links to the parts you're interested and I'll translate you all.Kein problem für mich

I think the V11 Sport cardan/shaft unit has a different number of splines than the Sport 1100's. You'd really want to check before bidding. I haven't heard of any V11 Sports with worn driveshafts and several of the Sport 1100i's are getting up towards the 100,000 mile mark without shaft replacements. The key here is good maintenance.

I think the V11 Sport cardan/shaft unit has a different number of splines than the Sport 1100's. You'd really want to check before bidding. I haven't heard of any V11 Sports with worn driveshafts and several of the Sport 1100i's are getting up towards the 100,000 mile mark without shaft replacements. The key here is good maintenance.

I am aware if that ,the only thing that made me suspisious is that the manual says for the shaft to be replaced every 15,000km (did they forget to add a 0 at the end, os should I worry?)...LOL .

OK I maintain the shaft by replacing oil regularly Gearbox and transmission(8,000km - instead of 10,000)

also I use the nessesary additive there(back drive) the MOTOREX HPLS and that's all. Any other??

I am aware if that ,the only thing that made me suspisious is that the manual says for the shaft to be replaced every 15,000km (did they forget to add a 0 at the end, os should I worry?)...LOL .

OK I maintain the shaft by replacing oil regularly  Gearbox and transmission(8,000km - instead of 10,000)

also I use the nessesary additive there(back drive) the MOTOREX HPLS and that's all. Any other??

50610[/snapback]

You need to be injecting grease into the zerk fittings on the Cardan joints. Every 1500 miles or so (according to the owners manual) if you're doing a lot of high speed riding, less often if you putter around like I do. The 15,000 mile thing is something the lawyers came up with after a few drive shafts on the early Daytonas came apart. They didn't have the zerk fitting on those, so they were a disaster waiting to happen. I talked to one guy that had the driveshaft fail on his Daytona at over a 100 mph and he spent a fair amount of time in the hospital with some pretty severe injuries. MG doesn't want that to occur again so they've chosen to be extremely conservative on the maintenance intervals.